The Shipping Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates all activities in the warehouse/shipping department to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas.
- Planning, assigning and directing work.
- Addressing product and employee complaints and resolving problems.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
- Supervising all phases of shipping and/or warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities.
- Maintaining inventory and product loss control, coordinating timely and accurate shipping and receiving and ensuring safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Ensuring proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Working with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review, and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the warehouse and shipping department.
- Ensuring proper procedures are in place and being followed for efficient warehouse and shipping activities, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Establishing and monitoring employees' work schedules to meet needs of business.
- Recommending improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department, while achieving the targeted goals.
- Analyzing and resolving work problems or assisting workers in solving work problems.
- Maintaining time and shipping records, as required.
- Preparing reports for management review.
- Ensuring the work area is clean and organized at all times.
- Collaborating with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Providing supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action, and performance management.
- Training and instructing employees in regard to work performed in shipping and warehouse.
- Overseeing instruction, implementation, and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Leading by example with the Company Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards, and specifications.
- Engaging in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years' plant experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization, prioritization and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- SAP experience preferred.
is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans andcan ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visitwww.ardaghgroup.com.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.