Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Production oversight of PHST Manufacturing
- Provide leadership and direction to all department personnel
- Coordinates with engineering to develop ease of use improvements for operators
- Daily Communication with the Secondary Process Manager
- Creates goals that allow the department to contribute to the company's mission statement
- Contributes towards CAPA and NC root cause investigations
- Manages the workload for and ensures that tasks are being accomplished in an efficient and effective manner
- Mentoring and training of subordinates to drive continuous growth within the department
- Assist directly with workload by operating PHST Manufacturing lines
- Daily communication with the production team
- Resolves technical problems to meet specifications; notifying engineering, facilities, or management to obtain additional resources when necessary
- Drives continuous improvement efforts towards organization and process improvements
- Communication with Quality Control to resolve minor discrepancies
- Reporting/documenting/escalating issues as they occur
- Perform employee performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsManufacturing environment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
Role: Supervises, with operational focus in an area of functional expertise.
Responsibility: Accomplishes tasks mainly through direct supervision of nonexempt and entry level exempt employees. Assignments are received in task oriented terms. Provides direction to subordinates using established policies and precedents.
Scope: Receives pre-determined work assignments with specific instructions. Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies.
Complexity: Works on problems of limited scope. Follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Monitors daily operations of a unit.
Impact: Ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
Level: Supervisory with human resources responsibilities, including employee performance evaluation reviews
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee can sit or stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.