MAG is seeking an internal Special Missions Training Pilot
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
RequirementsMinimum RequirementsKnowledge and Skills
- Primary responsibilities are to safely conduct flight operations that support MAG's Special Mission Training flights that include: mission flights, research and development flights, maintenance flights, test flights, aircraft relocation and transit flights, and flights to support MAG's corporate travel needs.
- Handling logistics that support these efforts, which include but are not limited to: ensuring the security of MAG aircraft when being parked somewhere other than base and making necessary travel arrangements for corporate passengers (i.e. ground transportation and lodging).
- Such expenses may require MAG employees to personally incur these expenses at time the services are rendered. MAG will reiburse employees for all approved expenses in a reasonable amount of time for all incurred expenses.
The required skills and knowledge include:
- General Aviation (civillian) flight experience
- Minimum of 250 hours total flight time
- Hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate for Single Engine Airplanes
- Hold an Instrument Rating
- Hold a current, valid 1st or 2nd class Medical
- Be legally current for Instrument flight
- Be legally current to carry passengers for day and night operations
- Familiarly and proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, and electronic forms of communication
The minimum level of education required is:Desired Requirements
The desired skills, knowledge, and education include:
- 500+ hours total flight time
- Hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate for Multi Engine Airplanes
- Holds a high-performance endorsement
- Hold a current Certified Flight Instructor Certificate (CFI), CFII, and MEI preferred
- Have recent experience flying Cessna 337s, Cessna O-2s, Cessna 206Ts, Cirrus SR22s, and Cessna Citations
- Prior military or civilian DOD experience with Air Operations is desired
Outside of the above, other certifications, licenses, or clearances include:
- Commercial Pilot Certificate (SEL)
- Current, valid 1st or 2nd Class Medical
Special Note: The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.