Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
At Walker & Dunlop (W&D) we have a creative and entrepreneurial culture -everyone on the team interacts directly with customers each day, and we all contribute to the product and planning. If you have an idea to improve something, there is no red tape; just build what needs to be built! Innovation and passion for transforming the old-fashioned real estate industry are our highest priorities.
W&D is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who can help grow our test automation efforts across the entire software life cycle, bringing the quality and performance of products used by hundreds of underwriters and real estate analysts to the next level. The work is challenging, fast-paced, and always changing. You must have demonstrated analytical skills, an unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting-edge coding skills.
As an SDET you will work with the development team to develop, test, and deliver finished, high-quality, compelling features and products. Our team includes designers, engineers, and data scientists passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. If you are ready to join a company that fosters learning, growth, experimentation, and innovation, the W&D team is for you.
What you will be doing:
The education and experience we're looking for:
- Lead end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire life cycle from test planning, test design, test execution, and test reporting. This includes performance testing, stress testing, front end, back-end testing, etc.
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage
- Develop new tests and tools for our frontends, backend APIs, services and CI/CD
- Navigate the Salesforce platform to create testing scenarios where necessary
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, often in combination with travel
- Other skills related to building a career in software development engineering!
What skills you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in software test tool development and Web service testing
- A deep understanding of multiple forms of software testing throughout the entire software development life cycle: regression, functional, unit, black-box, white box, UAT, usability, stress testing, performance testing, etc.
- Working knowledge of Docker, Selenium-based test automation tools
- Ability to develop test tools and frameworks in scripting and/or object-oriented languages (e.g., Python, JS, Shell, Java, etc.)
- Experience in testing RESTful API and test tools/frameworks
- Self-directed and capable of working in a dynamic and startup-like environment
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Walker & Dunlop is an agile company, and as such the responsibilities outlined above may change and evolve over time. Flexibility, curiosity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a strong work ethic are essential
for this role. It is encouraged that everyone on the team continually researches new technologies and analytical opportunities to improve the platform.
Still reading? Then we think you should apply! EEO Statement
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SPAM
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.
This job has expired.