What you'll do...
Are you passionate about enhancing user experience with your solutions? Does your pulseacceleratewhen you hear the term"systematic application"?If so, join ourSoftwareEngineering team!
If you are anengineerwho stays current on the latest tech, maps out app features, and understands that every class, method, and module have a single responsibility, this could be the place for you. You are a team player who looks at the day ahead as an opportunity to solve the challenges brought forth by the software development lifecycle.
At Sam's Club,we are tech enabledand humanled.Wewant to createa seamlessinterfaceand are committed to leading a technological revolution - one that transforms every touchpoint and optimizes every exchange.
As a Sam's Club Software Engineer, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences
- Develop software systems and solve complex problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Build high quality code by conducting unit testing and enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects
- Ensure on-time delivery and communicate status and issues to team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with numerous internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of new and upcoming products
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle and write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering and evaluating information.
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
- Experience building a responsive, cross-browser compatible and high-performance web application.
- Proven ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error/AJAX handling, RxJS, observables, and Redux
- Familiarity with CI/CD, unit testing, automated frontend testing
- Have experience with Azure Cloud Stack, GCP or other cloud stacks
- Have extensive knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture
- Experience writing functional tests using tools such as Nightwatch.js and Test Armada
- Strong creative, collaboration and communication skills
You'll make an impact by...
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Listening ability and patience
- Critical thinking, complex Problem Solve and Troubleshoot
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Develop technologically advanced solutions that makealarge-scaleimpactand improvethe end-user experience.
- Operate with a startup mentality, bringing new ideas to the table,andinspiringthosearound you to do the same.
- Identify areas of opportunity, determining solution designs,and provide guidancetosystemand processenhancements.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption.We're Primarily Virtual
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. Most of our team will make this permanent transition to our hybrid way of working as our new normal.
Our U.S. hubs are: Bentonville AR; Dallas, TX; San Bruno, CA; Sunnyvale, CA and Atlanta, GA.Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America