Software Engineer I
Engineer Software Embedded - Emerging Technologies
Take Forklift Design to the Next Level
Are you looking to work in IoT, develop industry leading telemetry technologies while working on a collaborative development team? No IoT experience, that's OK. This is an entry level position. Tell us what interests you and how you can help our IoT program. This is your opportunity to impact Internet, by bringing Hyster, Yale, and Nuvera products to the front of the marketplace.
Our teams work on great projects within our "hands-on" engineering development center in the Portland area. This global develop center develops materials handling solutions for the present and future. Current projects include: radio based telemetry, fuel cells and advanced battery technology.
Hyster-Yale Group is looking for an energetic and innovative software engineer for our embedded controls Product Development team in Portland, Oregon. This engineering position plays an important role creating, modifying, and implementing software solutions across multiple platforms. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including marketing, manufacturing, procurement, and test, to ensure that we deliver quality forklift trucks. The right person in this role is integral to our continued success in the forklift industry. We hire cool people and make tough trucks. Join our team!
- Develop and test software for vehicle controls and communication within an embedded development environment
- Simulate, verify, and test developed software to ensure it meets requirements
- Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements
- Work with global software engineering team to develop efficient, cost effective electrical, electronic, and software architectures
- Develop, design, release, and support activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups in the area of vehicle control systems
- Collaborate with electronic/telemetry systems suppliers
- BS Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science with embedded software skills
- Development experience in C/C++ programming language required
- Knowledge of electrical, embedded control systems and networked communications
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems (SAE-J1939 or CANOpen) preferred
- Knowledge of WIFI and/or cellular radio technology operation is very helpful
- Willingness to develop within Matlab/Simulink model based environment
- Interest in industrial equipment (materials handling, automotive, agricultural, construction, or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Great opportunities for growth
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Full timeWork Hours
HYG US Portland, ORAddress
4000 NE Blue Lake RoadZip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
YesWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.