LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more
Software Engineer II
The Software Engineer II position performs moderate research, design, and data development functions within our Business Intelligence and Analytics team. This is an exciting opportunity to learn cutting edge, and dynamic technology built to make "Big Data" management easier and simpler.
This role will include extracting, loading, cleansing, translating, manipulating, analyzing, linking and indexing massive amounts of data utilizing cutting edge technology and techniques. This position will have the opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues with a variety of skills and business/industry content knowledge and will collaborate closely with internal business stakeholders and technical teams to deliver analytics that drive our business.
For this role, we need someone driven, willing to work in a fast-paced environment, loves learning new technologies and is up-to the challenge of helping us build the next generation of our platform.
Experience (US only) and Education
- 1+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience working with object-oriented programming languages like Python.
- Assisting the Development Manager with all aspects of software design and coding of back end applications.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings like SCRUM, design discussion, planning, etc.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code-using Powershell, Bash, Python or equivalent
- Understanding of data modeling principles.
- Working on bug fixes.
- Write Unit tests and other dev tests.
- Participate in maintaining end-to-end delivery pipeline from coding to deployment.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Ability to work with complex data models.
- Proficiency in development languages including but not limited to: Spark, Python, ECL, HPCC, XML, SQL, JSON, YAML, HCL, ARM, Windows, UNIX, .Net, Shell Scripting.
- Professional experience of working within the public cloud - Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Basic programming experience.
- Good working knowledge of development tools similar to if not exact e.g. Git, Eclipse, JIRA, and others.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.