Reality Labs at Meta is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most, enjoy top-notch, wire-free VR, and push the future of computing platforms. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content.As an OS Frameworks Engineer on the Reality Labs team at Meta, you can help build new, innovative hardware and software that radically redefine the way people work, play and connect. What we build today could one day be the norm. So to be here today is to truly be at the heart of change and the frontier of what's to come. We're the people helping to define the metaverse. We may not have all the answers. But together, we're getting closer.
Software Engineer, OS Frameworks - Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Lead and set direction in how Meta Reality Labs develops its future capabilities to deliver best-in-class VR devices.
- Develop APIs in the system-level framework layer that allow other layers of the stack to implement compelling and performant use cases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of partners, product managers and engineers to build an end-to-end solution.
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack.
- Build on OS internals. Set technical direction for significant improvements.
- Uplift coding and design skills on the team through reviews and introduction of best practices. Model behaviors through clean readable code, upfront debug-ability and testability when implementing complex components.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to understand requirements, specify interfaces for new software frameworks, and enhance existing frameworks.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the team.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing any of the following: Operating Systems, AOSP, Identity, Device management on iOS/Android, Device Security, Android Enterprise
- Experience with Android, macOS, or Windows internals or frameworks services
- Experience coding in either C++ or Java
- 3+ years experience with any of the following: Android internals, AOSP, Android SDK, Android NDK, Android JNI, Android IPC mechanisms, Linux OS development
- 1+ years of experience developing software for Mobile platforms (Android/iOS)
- Experience with Android performance tools and security models
- Experience with Android UI frameworks and services
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.