Performs systems analysis, solution design, and software development activities for component-based solutions, which may require extensive research. Good problem-solving skills. Passionate to learn and grow professionally. Logical thinker with a designer mindset. Team player. May be an individual contributor recognized for specific technical expertise or act as technical leader addressing a wide range of technical issues within a project(s).
- * Designs and implements data models, database designs, data access, queries, reports and table maintenance in support of the development process for the delivery of solutions to our customers.
- *Lead the design and development of common components and services for re-use across multiple project initiatives.
- *Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- *Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- *Ensure designs complies with specifications.
- *Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Provides technical leadership to the team by researching new technology or development tools; is current on activities within the department, company and industry.
- Provides training/instruction and technical mentoring to junior associates in multiple distributed locations.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Identify technical risks and help define a risk mitigation plan.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; Minimum 5 years' experience in software engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Two to three years of working experience in Java/Python, Unix Scripting, XML.
- Demonstrates understanding of accepted application design principles and multi-tier development practices.
- Basic understanding of design patterns. Practical experience is a plus.
- Thorough technical knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Strong understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance. Working experience with Agile development process such as Scrum is a plus.
- Basic awareness of business issues as they affect overall project plans.
- Recognized central point for technical issues across groups and products.
- Strong people skills, ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people and gain consensus.
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and results focused environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with colleagues.
- Good research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader, team member or individual contributor.
- Demonstrated project leadership ability.