Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
DraftKings is growing quickly, and we're looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our core Online Sportsbook Betting team. In this role, you'll work closely with the team's current Product Owners, Delivery and Project managers, and Architects while owning the engineering roadmap and providing career guidance to the team. Your team will focus on improving the quality, efficiency, resilience, and scalability of our API services and will see the immediate impact of your work during live sporting events. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Software Engineering Manager:
- You will lead and manage a team of engineers to support our Sportsbook Betting API.
- Support the engineers on your team through career development and continuous feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your team and the larger Sportsbook organization.
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality to be added to existing applications.
- Take an active part in improving and optimizing the system's core.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability-we continue to launch products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment's notice.
- Work with your team under quick deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Ensure alignment with software development standards and methodologies.
- Analyze and improve monitoring and tooling systems to control our APIs across 10+ data centers.
- Facilitate production issues as incident commander and be part of a cross-functional team with end-to-end responsibility for the final product.
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years of working experience with applications based on C#.
- 5+ years of working experience with API development.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers and working with stakeholders and contributing to product definition.
- Strong knowledge of C#/.NET Core as well as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Aerospike, MS SQL, and Mongo.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Fabio, ELK, Grafana, Influx DB.
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems, and microservice architecture.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in the selection process.
#LI-SG1 Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.We are DraftKings.
We're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what's next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We're a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.Join Us!
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.Ready to build what's next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
This job has expired.