Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing the quality assurance procedures for daily, milestone and release candidate testing for the Industrial Precision Solutions group.
- Determines test objectives and standards by studying software requirements, writing test cycle plans, and test scripts.
- Meets test objectives by determining testing methods, cycles, and conditions.
- Identifies requirements and methodology for conducting regression testing.
- Specifies requirements for software testing tools and automated testers.
- Documents software defects and maintains defect tracking databases.
- Monitors bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Investigates customer problems referred by technical support.
- Executes test plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BSEE or BSCS required (other degrees considered with appropriate experience)
- 3 plus years experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter; requires little supervision.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.