Solutions Sales Executive Life Sciences, Risk Management-Safety Portfolio
Are you looking for a new challenge with an industry leader?
Are you someone with a natural sales ability that likes to identify new accounts and new opportunities within existing accounts? Do you understand how to sell into corporate accounts? Do you have an affinity and aptitude for understanding scientific information? Do you want to work in a team environment? Our Solution Sales Executive (SSM) position may be for you!
We are currently looking for a SSM responsible for generating new sales of our Life Sciences risk management-safety portfolio which consists of: PharmaPendium, Embase, and Quosa. You would sell to the following industries: pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical device. Our solutions provide vital online information and tools to help our clients monitor for adverse events and make more informed drug development decisions on safety and efficacy, risk assessments and mitigation, study designs, and drug-drug interactions.
The SSM is a critical team member responsible for driving new sales, transitioning accounts to the Customer Consultant, and working to ensure customer satisfaction. You would also be responsible for working with Customer Consultants and Account Managers to engage in upsell and cross sell opportunities. You would report to the Director of North American Sales and would be based in the East. The territory would be the East.
- You are responsible for selling to research scientists, regulatory scientists, medical affairs specialists, and information professionals with the goal of generating new and expansion sales; negotiate and close contracts.
- Create and execute a territory plan, maximizing time and account penetration with top tier accounts.
- Develop a strong understanding of competitor landscape and be able to position our products with a strong value story.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer segments and translate how our information tools can help meet specific needs.
- Become an expert on various research workflows and drug discovery processes to be able to assist customers.
- Provide continuous feedback to product and marketing teams; participate in projects to help accurately assess market conditions and provide strategic initiatives for new product development, including customized solutions.
Work in a way that works for you
- BS required; Advanced degree a plus; preference for life science degrees
- Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience with a proven track record
- Proven experience selling complex products/services utilizing a "consultative sales" approach
- Experience within corporate/commercial markets highly preferred
- Experience working with drug discovery and chemical companies highly preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce to track sales activity is helpful
- Experience working within an international matrixed organization is helpful
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel (10% approximate, post-COVID)
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.