Solutions Sales Executive - Research Intelligence
Are you able to build successful relationships with customers?
Are you a natural problem solver who enjoys applying this skill in solutions-based selling?
Join our Research Intelligence Solutions Team
We are a team of experts that specialize in understanding what data is available for research leaders and what tools are best leveraged to analyze the data. We provide research intelligence tools and data for customers who are looking for insights via analytics to improve their strategy and impact. We dive into complicated questions and find answers that are supported with accurate, in-depth analysis.
About the Role
As a Solutions Sales Executive, you will build relationships with new customers to understand how our tools can support them. You will provide high-quality, connected data and analytics to help universities facilitate an evidence-based approach to their research process. You will collaborate with our customers to support them in achieving their research excellence goals through our portfolio of innovative solutions. To learn more, please visit:
- Establishing and building new relationships with universities in your territory to understand customers needs and future opportunities for growth
- Developing a thorough understanding of our competitor landscape to be able to successfully position our solutions against them
- Providing continuous feedback to product and marketing teams to help meet sales objectives and support enhancement and new development needs
- Collaborating successfully using a team-selling approach to ensure positive growth of our portfolio
- Creating and managing a territory plan to work sales opportunities through from prospecting to successful closure
Work in a way that works for you
- Have successful sales experience with a proven, consistent track record of exceeding targets through listening, problem solving and relationship building
- Show an understanding of Academia, Research or Business environments
- Demonstrate experience in complex solution sales to C-suite using a value-based, consultative sales approach
- Have solid analytical skills and experience using sales intelligence tools and CRM data to make data-driven decisions throughout the sales process
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences
- Be able to collaborate with teams in a global-matrix environment
- Be able to travel within your region frequently to meet with customers
- Have a natural ability to engage, influence and build relationships with customers, stakeholders and teams across the business
- Demonstrate a "Growth mindset" to keep pace in this fast-changing world
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave and tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, health / dental plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Pension Plan
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.