Come make your mark with Watermark! We're a rapidly growing Service- Disabled, Veteran- Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in risk management and security. Founded by USAF Veterans in 2007, we're intimately familiar with DOD security programs and mission requirements. Along with our core values of innovation, effective communication, integrity and work/life balance, our employees are the key to our success.
At Watermark, our people come first. We offer comprehensive benefits to address our employees' physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. This includes 100% employer- paid medical insurance, ample paid leave, a free employee assistance program, and a competitive 401k savings plan. Additionally, to protect our workforce against COVID-19 and its variants, and in compliance with Executive Order 14042, Watermark will require all current and new employees will be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, unless eligible for a religious or disability accommodation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an SCI Security Specialist II to join our team.
** Contingent on Funding**
The SCI Security Specialist II serves as a senior security specialist under supervision of the local Special Security Office (SSO). In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD), Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and Air Force directives, regulations and instructions, implements local policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient management for military, civilian and contractor personnel of SCI and collateral program functions including physical, personnel, information and industrial security.
In this role you will....
- Formulates plans, policies, procedures and other documentation required to deal with the operation of SCI protection functions and activities IAW DoD 5105.21 Volumes 1-3, ICD 704/5, AFMAN 14-304, AFI 16-1404/06 and AFI 31-501.
- Maintain and update the SCI Billet Structure (SCIBS) for the entire installation, and geographically separated Operating Locations.
- Process requests for changes to SCIBS, including analyzing requests to assure proper need-to-know justifications are enforced.
- Prepare SCIBS-related correspondence to appropriate agencies. Respond to requests for additional information needed to complete adjudications.
- Maintain and update Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) records for 1,000+ SCI indoctrinated personnel.
- Assist with Staff Assistance Visits and other local inspections as required. Prepares and presents reports with appropriate corrective actions delineated.
- Receive and respond to requests for SCI eligibility, recertification, and special purpose and interim SCI Accesses, insuring validity of the requests.
- Review and act upon authorities to indoctrinate SCI personnel, including personnel screening
- interviews and indoctrination briefings.
- Participate in the management of Security Information File (SIF) Program.
- Send and receive collateral and/or SCI visit requests; oversee and provide facility badge access.
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned personnel meet/maintain the appropriate security clearance requirements, in accordance with ICD 704 and AFI-31-501.
- Update and query required information systems as needed to perform assigned duties.
- Maintain required hard-copy files to perform assigned duties. Prepare and execute required periodic reporting and or audits and reviews IAW applicable directives, regulations, and instructions.
- Provide continuous training and guidance in all areas of SCI security; including but not limited to, local procedures, OPSEC, Communications Security (COMSEC), Security Awareness.
- Enforce foreign contact and travel requirements, entry procedures, escort procedures, document control procedures, and classification review/guidance requests.
- Coordinate with Foreign Disclosure Officer (FDO) on SCI access for Foreign Nationals as necessary for local mission requirements.
- Maintain liaison with local Security Forces and AF Office of Special Investigations, to ensure security procedures, policies, and training are properly coordinated, and available to SCI personnel.
- Respond to SCI incidents with SSO and ISSM in order to make a declaration. Coordinate with HHQ to notify and obtain security incident tracking number. Ensure Inquiry Official (IO) is nominated to the Senior Intelligence Office (SIO) for appointment and provide initial IO brief.
- Ensure incident report is completed, coordinated and submitted to HQ for closure.
- Provide training and guidance on handling, safeguarding, marking classified material.
- Verify and provide training for requests for SCI courier authorizations; issues those certifications.
- Acts as an SCI courier.
- Coordinate industrial security procedures as necessary. Review performance work statement (PWS) for SCI contracts and ensure a properly executed DD Form 254.
- Upon receipt of indoctrination assist ensure DD Fm 254 is properly executed and coordinated with Unit Security Manager (USM) and local IP office.
- Maintain hard/soft copies of DD Fm 254 along with personnel assigned to contract prior to indoctrination.
- Contractor shall also be responsible to assist the SSO in maintaining accreditation for SCI Facilities (SCIFs) and alarm systems in accordance with ICD 705.
- Develop and update personnel security responsibilities for Special Security Representatives (SSRs).
- Ensure SSRs are appropriately appointed, managed, and trained. Analyze and assess issues with SCI personnel security and proposes solutions that meet standards set by applicable regulations, directives and instructions.
- Assist in enforcing ICD 705 requirements.
- 7-10 years related experience with SCI Security
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent (4 years)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must complete JPAS training
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (TS/SCI)
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021 all current and new Watermark employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment, unless the employee is eligible for a religious or disability accommodation.
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
This job has expired.