Right now, we are looking for an outstanding, brilliant, and driven Specialist Application Engineer to join our growing team. While our Specialist Application Engineers are involved in multiple things throughout the Technology organization, primarily they are responsible for working with the Technology and the Business teams to design, build, and implement amazing web and process applications. These Team Members are also charged with assisting the Client Success department in resolving issues relating to production processes. The Specialist Application Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as well.
What you'll be doing:
- Proposes technical solutions to the Manager, Application Engineering
What we're looking for:
- Designs/develops/tests/implements improvements or new features into the Waystar website and core processing applications
- Responsible for developing/augmenting applications based on the functional and technical specifications
- Responsible for adhering to Waystar coding standards and the approved technologies, and proposing amendments to either when necessary
- Unit tests all changes on development, and then works with the appropriate Business and/or Technology Owner(s) to ensure that the developed solution meets the business requirements
- Communicates the development progress daily to senior-level team members
- Attends to any work items assigned through the internal case system in a timely fashion
- Takes ownership of work items assigned, communicates estimates and daily progress as part of the SDLC process, and actively works to resolve issues blocking progress
- Assists in the QA process
- Participates, as required, in Production Code Turn days, providing instructions for deploying the code changes successfully, and for Smoke Testing code post-release
- Develops and maintains open and fluid communication with Management
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with other team members
- Assists in the creation and/or approving of technical specifications
- Assists in identifying areas in the application that need to be refactored
- Works with the various departments and team members to design and/or implement various new enhancements to the existing web application.; this includes, but is not limited to, SQL table design, SQL stored procedure design, and process design in the designated programming language
- Tracks any changes required by such development using internal tools, and communicates to the QA Team any abnormalities required to push the changes from development through the various stages to production
- Identifies and informs the Manager, Application Engineering of areas of the application that can be improved by refactoring, optimization, and/or other improved technology solutions
- Notifies the Manager, Application Engineering of any problems that negatively impact applications, and works to implement a solution
- Communicates and works with the Manager, Application Engineering to reassign any items that cannot be addressed in a timely fashion
- Provides estimates for project tasks using an internal project tool, and updates the estimates if they increase or decrease
- Solves complex technical problems with little oversight
- Mentors fellow team members in their development as Application Engineers, helping them to build correct technical solutions
- Additional duties as assigned
Do you fit our team?
• 4 years of .NET and SQL Server experience
• Unit Testing experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment & welcome change
• Highly self-motivated
• Ability to work both in team and solo environments
• Experience building highly scalable software solutions
• Subject Matter Expertise in at least one technical track
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• N-Tier and SaaS development experience is preferred
Waystar provides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.
This job has expired.