Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Our Center of Excellence team is currently seeking a Specialist to work on the pipeline of project requests received from the Retail Business Group's account-facing teams. The Specialist will manage the efficiency and accuracy on a number of recurring and new requests. Responsibilities including but not limited to: running reports, validating data, identifying and presenting insights, while bringing a fresh perspective to interpreting data.
- Autonomously manage a queue of project requests, recurring reporting, overlapping deadlines, and shifting project scopes. Ensuring all requests are delivered on-time and accurately.
- Efficiently export data, analyze the results, and deliver in the requested format, typically Excel or PowerPoint.
- Derive insights that help frame up and add value to the NPD data.
- Present findings in internal touch-bases and collaborative meetings. Joining client calls where appropriate and aiding in the account manager's presentation of data findings.
- Cultivate a broad understanding of retail trends, NPD datasets, capabilities, limitations, and how they work together.
- Take ownership of the approach to project fulfillment - strategizing on efficiencies, improved accuracy, or more meaningful insights.
- Ability to take responsibility for personal development by seeking training, on-the-job experiences and input from managers.
- 3-4 years' experience in market research or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Marketing, Marketing Research, Analytics, or other business analytic related fields.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.