Accolade (Nasdaq: ACCD) provides millions of people and their families with an exceptional healthcare experience that is personal, data driven and value based to help every person live their healthiest life. Accolade solutions combine virtual primary care, mental health support and expert medical opinion services with intelligent technology and best-in-class care navigation. Accolade's Personalized Healthcare approach puts humanity back in healthcare by building relationships that connect people and their families to the right care at the right time to improve outcomes, lower costs and deliver consumer satisfaction. Accolade consistently receives consumer satisfaction ratings over 90%. For more information, visit accolade.com.
We are looking for Health Information Specialists who are passionate about helping others. The Health Information Specialist will work hand in hand with our clinical nursing team to collect and organize medical records and facilitate world class health care second opinions. We are a high-performance, fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to multitask and prioritize. Organizational skills, flexibility, excellent communication skills, and the ability to navigate through multiple technology platforms are required.
A day in the life:
What we are looking for:
- Coordinate with the 2nd.MD team (nurses, 2nd.MD panel of physicians, other Health Information Specialists, etc.) to ensure an exceptionally fast turnaround for 2nd.MD consultations.
- Facilitates timely, complete, and accurate retrieval of requested medical records from all identified providers/facilities.
- Analyze and format medical records and identify medical imaging studies that contribute to each consultation.
- Participates in training less experienced staff.
- Promotes best practices and process improvements.
- Protects confidentiality of personal health and proprietary business information.
- Accurately enter information into a proprietary online platform.
- Strives to meet team/personal qualitative and quantitative monthly and yearly incentives.
We strongly encourage you to be vaccinated against COVID-19.What is important to us...
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with the pressure of deadline-focused work, and also have the self-discipline to create and adhere to self-imposed deadlines
- 2+ years of professional experience in a hospital or medical office setting
- Experience reviewing and/or identifying Oncology and/or Pediatric records
- Innovative, enthusiastic and professional
- Technology proficient (Apple/MAC)
- Ability to navigate through multiple technology platforms
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and/or team
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This is a full-time in-office position in Houston, Texas.
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members' and customers' lives is what we do. Even when it's hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.We are strong individually and together, we're powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.We're boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
Accolade is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to advancing an inclusive environment for all qualified applicants and employees. We provide employment opportunities, without regard, to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US. We are committed to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience.
This job has expired.