Who We Are:
The Web development/maintenance team is part of the Corporate Communications Department and is responsible for our public-facing swri.org, our intranet, and various public-facing specialty sites. We work with the Communications content developers to promote the Institute to a worldwide audience.
Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Establish and guide website architecture for employee-facing Drupal 9 sites.
- Design and implement new features and functionality of employee-facing Drupal 9 sites.
- Manage technical aspects of employee-facing Drupal 9 sites, including working with site hosting vendor.
- Work closely with frontend developers and Communications staff to ensure effective, visually appealing, functional and intuitive implementations.
- Work on various implementations of websites in Drupal as well as HTML/CSS and any scripting required.
- Work closely with web content specialists and clients to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Optimize applications for maximum performance and scalability.
- Commit code, perform code reviews, drive best practices, and assist with configuration and release management.
- Test and validate websites across multiple browsers, operating systems, and devices.
- Collaborate closely with Information Technology Center management/staff, Communications management/staff, and other invested leadership staff.
Special Requirements:Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
- Requires a Bachelors in Computer science, Information Technology, Communications, with 2 years related experience, or high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- 2 years: Professional experience with Drupal: site building, custom module development & theming.
- 2 years: Experience with backend Drupal 8/9 development.
- 2 years: Experience integrating third-party applications into existing systems using APIs.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
This job has expired.