Position Title: Sr. Federal Account Manager - Government Solutions
Location: D.C., Maryland or VA areas
This role is a tremendous opportunity for a sales/business development professional to work on the cutting-edge of the data center industry selling our Datacenter Services. You'll help build a Federal Government sales channel by developing customer relationships in the government space. With our focus on this market, we anticipate future opportunities for our proven players.
What you'll do
As a Sr. Federal Account Manager, Government Solutions, you will be responsible for developing brand awareness and relevance within U.S. federal government agencies, federal systems integrators, and suppliers. You will work very closely with our enterprise sales team and Channel & Alliance partner team, providing oversight and assistance through closing on any federal related opportunities that Digital Realty pursues. Though you'll have a team behind you, including exceptional Sales Support Engineers and Architects, you will be responsible for all aspects of the selling process including business development, cold calling, face-to-face meetings, networking, presentations, proposal creation, and closing business. You will coordinate all facets of the customer experience including interactions between customers, operations, property managers, chief engineers and datacenter engineers, with the intention of closing sales, generating significant income and supporting ongoing relationships.
To be a successful Account Manager you should have the ability to:
What you'll need
- Identify federal agency prospects who could benefit from Digital Realty solutions through direct agency interaction, discussions within the industry, and any federal prospecting tools made available.
- Understand which prime contractor(s), e.g., Systems Integrators, Network Providers, VARs, provides Digital Realty with the best PWIN (Probability of Win) for any agency requirement we pursue.
- Respond in a timely manner to all inbound leads. Leads can come as direct referrals and through industry-specific channels such as brokers, consultants, and telecom and systems integrators.
- Clearly articulate the value proposition of Digital Realty products, while differentiating product offerings from those of our competitors.
- Develop proposals and the associated preparation / presentation of literature.
- Regularly interact with the Asset and Property team regarding colocation property.
- Negotiate deals and contract business terms and conditions with customers, staying in line with the parameters provided by Digital Realty management.
- Present basic engineering principles in relation to power and cooling.
- Plan preliminary design, presentation and evaluation of customer datacenter solutions including capital budgeting, operational detail and scheduling of proposed projects.
- Understand and use the vernacular of real estate and technology.
- Clearly present deal business terms and operational considerations to management.
- Regularly report and forecast your sales activities to management through our CRM software.
- Attend major industry trade shows and functions as determined by management.
The ideal candidate for the opportunity of Sr. Account Manager will have ten or more years of consultative government sales experience, preferably in datacenter colocation, telecom, Software as a Service (SaaS), or a similar, transferable field.
You should also be familiar with the local area.
At a minimum you will have:
A bit about us
- A bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and at least four years of related experience and/or training (preferred).
- In lieu of a BA/BS degree, you must have four (4) or more years of related experience to qualify for this role.
- The proven ability to negotiate and close transactions.
- Outstanding management skills, with the capability to build a 3-5 year "go to market" plan for this vertical.
- The ability to effectively present value propositions for product sets, independent of pricing.
- The skill to discuss and design data center / colocation concepts.
- Polished presentation skills and the ability to respond to questions from groups of customers, managers and the general public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and public speaking skills.
- A high level of commitment to customer service.
- A teamwork orientation and the ability to work with internal operations, finance and management.
- An understanding of basic lease terms.
- Advanced MS Word, PowerPoint and salesforce.com or similar CRM experience.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 50 metros across 26 countries and six continents. A bit about our Digital team
Our Business Development team is at the forefront of our continuing growth. We use our different market sector insights to develop effective sales strategies and work with the Sales team to implement them. Our team plays an integral part in forming long-term relationships with customers around the world, by identifying opportunities that add value and demonstrating how our solutions can meet their needs. What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future. Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.