Summary of Responsibilities:
Analyzes, researches, interprets and authorizes nonforfeiture options, premium income, second-level unique contract changes and New Business applications. Responsible for making informed decisions and manually calculating fund values for interest-sensitive products. Fosters and supports associates at the Processor, Specialist and Analyst levels to ensure accuracy and provide training when necessary. Must possess a complete understanding of accounting controls. Provides superior-level support to clients, agents, district offices and internal customers. Works with minimal supervision and is empowered to make an established range of decisions, escalating issues to the manager when necessary and providing updates on a regular basis.
May Include - Depending on Assigned Area:
- Analyzes and approves cases from Underwriter, reviews for completeness and accuracy. Codes appropriate system to issue the case within established time service and quality guidelines.
- Analyzes and makes decisions on exception processing where precedent has not yet been established to ensure that we maintain compliance with privacy guidelines, legal guidelines, SEC guidelines and Tax Ramifications. Identifies the cause of the exception, and determines the appropriate course of action needed to correct the master record.
- Supports tax compliance by calculating withholding, updating cost basis, preparing statements, reporting and processing tax transactions, and answering client questions.
Will Include - Regardless of Assigned Area:
- Performs all refund transactions and manually updates policy records to reflect accurate information including paid-to dates, premium amounts and draft information. Must have a complete understanding of the alternative solutions for a client including check by mail, EFT transfer, WIRE transfer and the accounting involved in completing each task.
- Manually calculates policy values through specialized software programs and actuarial formulas to determine past, present and future values that are not available via the mainframe. Must possess a complete understanding of accounting controls and Western & Southern Life products in order to accurately calculate values.
- Reconciles and balances daily, weekly and monthly accounting ledgers directly impacted by processing team. Must have a complete understanding of the accounting involved in the processing area when handling NSF back ups, premium changes and supplemented premiums with dividends, loans, partial surrenders and credit card payments in order to successfully resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Reviews and approves complex divorce decrees, guardianship papers and power of attorneys, collateral assignments, trust agreements and court orders to determine if the documents authorize the requestor to initiate disbursements and/or contract changes on the policy.
- Collaborates with multiple areas to understand changes in the industry and the impact on our functions to include but not limited to Insurance Operations, Agency, Actuarial, Technical Support, Auditing and Law.
- Conducts training with Specialist and Processor to ensure accuracy. Must possess knowledge and ability to present job-specific instruction regarding Policy Service functions including but not limited to policy changes, non-forfeiture options, special mode premium income and disbursements.
- Analyzes situations where the system will not produce an automated notification and details the constraints for the Technical Consultant. Must have expert knowledge in recreating manual notifications, and meeting all deadlines to ensure client has ample time to remit response.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external customers offering solutions to each on non-automated processing while adhering to Company guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven success in a Specialist and/or Analyst role and/or comparable position. Ability to make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Working knowledge of a minimum of two systems to include but not limited to MDOCS, BACC, PAC, PRIDE, ADMI, ALIS or JEM or comparable systems with the ability to transition between environments.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics and principles behind monetary transactions. Advanced knowledge of reconciling and balancing accounting transactions.
- Experience identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and self-initiative were demonstrated.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
- Demonstrated experience effectively handling customers and providing excellent service.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey/present information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner while following proper rules of punctuation, dictation and style.
- Proven experience handling multiple duties and completing tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Must cite examples of working independently and consistently meeting productivity and quality goals.
- This position works in an office setting and remains continuously in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- High school diploma.
- Some college work preferred.
Certifications & licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):Position Demands:
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of an email system.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.