Position Summary: Working in a factory environment, associate will be expected to follow safety procedures while performing work in a cell environment to produce CNC machined product as required. The cell consists of several pieces of equipment including CNC milling and turning. Associates are responsible for the work area assigned in performing any task required to ensure established productivity levels. Associates in this position are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision with a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are essential.
$25.00 per hour to start with a $.60 shift differential. ** Based on Experience and test score**
- Operate a variety of metalworking equipment.
- Set up machines to be able to run product to print specifications.
- Prepare and load bar stock into the machines.
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Replace worn tools.
- Inspect and measure sample workpieces to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Inspect and measure finished product and compare with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Start and observe operations on lathe and/or mill machines to ensure that specifications are met. If specifications are not met, make any necessary adjustments to produce the best result.
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Change inserts and tooling throughout the production run.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Perform changeovers in Medium Socket cell.
- Perform changeovers in Slug cell.
- Interact with co-workers, supervisors, and other members of management as needed to produce quality product.
- Problem solve matters relating to efficient manufacturing of quality products.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Participate in creating and maintaining a safe work environment, including hazard recognition as well as taking personal responsibility for safety.
- Utilize correct operating procedures to manufacture quality products.
- Apply math, measuring, and blue print reading skills to determine product specifications and quality.
- Ability to move through the various work areas and perform the CNC functions.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to set up at least ten percent of CNC machines on production floor.
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- Proven experience as a CNC Operator.
- Must understand the CNC process and how it works overall with the machining type needed to produce.
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Must be able to identify and use various codes.
- Ability to judge quality, to read blueprints, ability to keep operator records and complete necessary forms.
- Must be a problem solver - ability to troubleshoot machine if something goes wrong.
- Ability to work on 1st 2 nd , or 3rd shift.(All positions train on first shift for two weeks).
- Mechanical aptitude and excellent math skills.
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Must be able to change inserts and tooling needed throughout the production run.
- Must be able to perform changeover on multiple CNC machines.
- Safe work behaviors.
- High school diploma or equivalent or 4 years experience solid experience as a CNC operator
- Must be able to pass CNC Exam, given at the interview (written and hands on).
- Must be able to work a back shift We Do NOT hire for first shift
- Ability to work on 2nd shift / Monday - Saturday 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM (48 hours per week)
- Mandatory overtime is required
- Associate degree in manufacturing related field or 3 to 5 years' experience in a machining environment.
- Certificate or diploma in Machine Tool Technology or relevant discipline.
: Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions are:
Sitting, bending, standing and/or walking for an extended length of time (typically 8 hours); light lifting on a repetitive basis or lifting on an occasional basis of approximately 30 pounds; repetitive motions required in some jobs; visual acuity required in most jobs, eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity, and the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
- Climate Controlled Environment ~ Heated/Air Conditioned
- NO Rotation Schedule
- Excellent Benefits Package