LexisNexis, an industry leader in research solutions for legal, government, academic, and corporate organizations, and professionals, is seeking an experienced data engineer to add to our AI development team.
You will know you are a good fit if:
- You believe that high quality data is the most important part of any AI innovation
- You are excited by ETL pipelines
- You are passionate about using data and technology to make products that delight our customers
- You enjoy challenging yourself to tackle complex and difficult problems
- You know that the best solutions are developed by collaboration of passionate people
- You see every interaction as an opportunity to learn something new
- You are a people person
- Design and develop ETL pipelines within the LexisNexis Data Lake
- Design and develop pipelines for curation and storage of expert-annotated datasets
- Create data visualization tools to assist technical and product decision making processes
- Work efficiently and effectively within an Agile Team.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to create and finalize requirements and agile user stories and tasks.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Exposure to at least one of the following from each category:
- Spark, Hadoop, HPCC, or equivalent
- Python, Java, Scala, or equivalent
- SQL, ECL, or equivalent
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience parsing data from XML documents
- Test-driven development and maintenance including techniques for applying best practices for overall project benefit.
- Experience in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including team members, various levels of management, and end users.
- 3+ years' experience with AWS or Azure products
- Familiarity with MS M365 development and Language Understanding services is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud compute, storage, databases, and data analytics
- Should have hands-on experience with DB queries, API Gateway, Lambda / functions, Spark and, and EMR
- AWS or Azure Certification is a plus
- Advanced Linux shell expertise. Must be able to analyze loads and tune job scheduling.
- Expert Python. Java, or SCALA programmer
- Expert with SQL languages (ANSI, PostGres, MySQL, etc.)
- Expertise in server backup and recovery
- Ability to provide guidance to data scientists, engineers and other team members
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
What we are looking for in you:
- 3+ years of experience with system and/or product development with master's degree or a PhD in computer science or machine learning.
- Degree focus should be on data analytics, statistics, natural language processing, information extraction, visualization, and information retrieval
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision
- Good technical cloud knowledge
- Ability to make decisions with management approval
- Ability to provide both detail information and summarize to a management level
- Ability to work on ambiguous problems / projects of moderate complexity
- Ability to provide oversight to vendor resources when assigned.
- Quarterly 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Volunteer Days
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.