Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
You will be part of the team that supports enhanced continuous health sensing design by applying analytics to clinical datasets to generate insights. You will process and analyze clinical datasets of sensor time series data and report on system performance in our clinical trial participants. Your contributions will drive continuous improvement in current health sensing systems and inform design of next-generation health sensing systems. You will process prepare periodic reports, create and maintain existing dashboards, create and maintain analytical tools, and make presentations to a large cross-functional audience.
Work as a member of a R&D technology development team and collaborate and communicate with other departments including firmware/hardware, sensor/membrane, and mechanical engineering to help facilitate improved designs via data-driven insights.
Your contributions will aid in Dexcom's mission to 'empower people to take control of diabetes'.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support ad-hoc requests by running analyses and present results to stakeholders
- Develop parsers to curate datasets from disparate sources and generate standardized outputs
- Create, maintain, and support metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards with datasets of various sizes and file formats
- Develop ability to troubleshoot anomalies in datasets and sensor signal time series
- Collaborate cross-functionally to capture design details relevant to data interpretation and analysis
- Create and maintain documentation of work processes
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Comply with all company processes and policies
- General understanding of statistical analysis, time series, signal processing, and data mining techniques
- Strong knowledge of statistical programming languages in MATLAB or Python
- Knowledge and direct experience handling datasets of various sizes and degrees of cleanliness
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Experience and Education
- Direct experience with health sensing data
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Masters degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement. Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
- Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.