Bachelor in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems(MIS) or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
5 years MySQL DBA working experience on Linux and Unix environments handling Multi Source Replications.
5 years or more of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments.
TECHNICAL SKILLS - REQUIRED
• Involved MySQL DBA working experience on Linux and Unix environments handling complex Replication environments.
• Extensive industry experience that include serving as a DBA in all facets of DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination
• Experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments
• Experience supporting Data Warehousing and ETL processing
• Experienced in database and disk system performance tuning
• Experienced in handling database support and migrations to Azure cloud will be a huge plus
• Self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible
• Capable of handling multiple assignments and additional responsibilities
• Expert level MySQL DBA knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.6, 5.7 and 8.0 - MySQL certification preferred
• Extensive MySQL technical experience in the following:
High Availability solutions using replication, Disaster Recovery solutions
Backup and recovery using MySQL dumps and Percona tools [i.e., Xtrabackup]
Performance tuning, production operations & support
• Experience performing MySQL patches and Major version upgrades
• Experience in Linux Shell programming, SQL.
• 1 or more years using DevOPS tools. I.E., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, GitLab using one or more programming languages [I.E., Python, Perl, etc] on bare metal and virtual environments [Azure, AWS, OpenStack, Proxmox, Azure]
Support the database management system and all related software.
Design and Build Database Environments (Assist in developing estimates and schedules for new projects and/or extensions to existing systems).
Technical Support for DBMS Environments (Provide technical support and perform database administration for all development and production databases on multiple environments).
Willingness to be on call and support critical database issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.