Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
What you'll do:
- The Demand Planner is accountable for the management and integration of data from Product Management, Sales, and Finance which are used to develop accurate and timely forecasts supporting Operations, Sales and Financial Planning. The planner is responsible for providing guidance, analysis, and oversight for their assigned demand group to ensure alignment with business direction and consistency with market trends. Responsibilities include communicating demand forecasts and the assumptions behind them through the supply chain and via the IBP (Integrated Business Planning) process.
What you have:
- Develop accurate demand forecasts of all line items for their accountable segment of the business by using a combination of statistical forecasting integrated with insights gained via partnering with Product Management, Sales, Operations and Finance departments.
- Work cross functionally toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve the error rate below targeted levels of Weighted Mean Absolute Percentage Error (WMAPE) and Bias. Analyze product trends and adjust forecasts as appropriate.
- As the Commercial / Supply Interface, individual will provide Sales and Operations teams with timely analysis, guidance, and decision-making to ensure that the supply chain is in the best position to execute the demand plan generated from the total operational forecast. This includes generating and publishing to key stakeholders, monthly and weekly demand forecasts, including clear identification of assumptions highlighting significant changes since release of previous report.
- Provide input to support monthly IBP demand meetings and incorporate feedback to improve forecasting process. Provide documented insights into forecast changes, growth rates, promotions, distribution changes, and customer insights. Perform ad hoc analyses, as required, in support of contingency planning.
- Proactively develop others within the planning organization through the sharing of best demonstrated processes and knowledge transference. Provide cross functional leadership across departments to solve for demand related issues caused by forecast error, demand constraints, unplanned promotional opportunities, etc.
- In addition to position-specific work, as outlined above, the Senior Demand Planner will act as a lead on special projects, providing leadership as a functional expert to represent Demand Planning needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
What you're good at:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience, prior business experience preferred.
- Capacity to work within multiple internal and external information systems including, but not limited to, SAP and customer-specific systems
- Proficient in understanding of fundamental business management and supply chain principles and concepts
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners at all levels
- Advanced Excel skills include the ability to produce graphs, tables, use spreadsheets efficiently and perform calculations and automation to process large volumes of data. Power Pivot, Macros and VBA is a big plus
- Excellent meeting management and presentation skills
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.