Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA) is creating a new class of transformative medicines based on messenger RNA ("mRNA") to improve the lives of patients. From the beginning, Moderna has designed its strategy and operations to realize the full potential value and impact of mRNA over a long-time horizon across a broad array of human diseases. The company built and continues to invest in the platform to advance the technological frontier of mRNA medicines. Moderna's therapeutic and vaccine development programs span infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and autoimmune diseases.
Propionic Acidemia (PA) is a genetically inherited ultra-rare disease caused by mutations in the PCCA and PCCB genes leading to deficient activity of propionyl-CoA enzyme. It leads to high accumulation of propionic acid and related derivatives in body fluids and tissues which can result in damage to the organs. mRNA-3927 is a novel investigational therapeutic agent being studied in Ph I/II trials for the treatment of PA and is designed to instruct the body to restore the missing or dysfunctional proteins that cause PA.
Moderna is seeking a Sr. Director, Global Marketing, Asset Commercial Lead (ACL) Rare Diseases, who will be a key member of the team. This role will have responsibility to develop and lead the market, product, and organizational readiness for mRNA-3927 global commercial launch. This will include gathering market insights, landscape assessment, understanding care dynamics, gap analysis, market sizing, indication opportunity assessment and early launch preparation & strategies to guide commercialization plan. This individual will partner with cross-functional leaders in R&D, Medical Affairs, Value and Access, Commercial Operations, Policy, and Patient Advocacy within Moderna as well as external stakeholders at Centers of Excellence for mRNA-3927 related activities.
This position is accountable for operationalizing mRNA-3927 asset strategy for PA indication in alignment with the overall Rare Disease portfolio strategy. The ACL will represent the voice of the customer to inform key decisions and will require effective communication skills to gain alignment from leaders on recommendations to address critical commercial issues. Finally, this function is responsible for rolling out global marketing, commercial initiatives and preparing for launch of mRNA-3927. The ACL will work closely with the regions and countries as the program transitions from global to local commercialization.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Build and lead the development and execution of compelling global commercial strategy and plan for mRNA-3927 in PA to maximize the commercial value of the asset
- Develop impactful launch strategies and Go-To-Market model for mRNA-3927 (incl. resources/ programs) along with a comprehensive external engagement plan partnering with KOLs, policy, & patient advocacy
- Facilitate and collaborate with Market Access and HEOR to develop differentiated strategies and compelling value proposition to secure market access
- Develop and manage commercial budgets and long-range plans and ensure appropriate resource allocation for prioritized mRNA-3927 initiatives
- Ensure a strong commercial voice shapes future scenario planning and key investment decisions.
- Ensure country launch readiness and excellence for mRNA-3927, with capability builds as required.
- Represent all commercial related matters to senior executives and governance committees.
- Provide strategic thinking to allow for identification of market opportunities in review of clinical development plans for next wave of Rare Disease & Therapeutics portfolio
- Set a tone by ensuring clarity to external stakeholders on the bold ambition and Moderna's commitment to advancing care for patients with Rare Diseases
- With Moderna's Mindsets top-of-mind promote a culture to bring forward creative plans and digital avenues that maximize the potential of both assets
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 15+ years of progressive excellence within marketing, with 5+ years' successful track record leading brand strategies and brand teams that define new markets
- Prior experience in the pharma/biotech industry
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Global Marketing experience highly preferred
- High learning agility, systems thinking capability and complex problem-solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, judgment and influencing skills, to engage cross-functional team members & senior leaders to ensure strong commercial focus and execution.
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short- and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues.
- Effective communication and hands-on approach of getting things done within an organization that is dynamic, fast-moving, and continuously growing.
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, and patient advocates.
- Evidence of developing compelling global strategies & business cases with proven ability to manage complex and dynamic projects.
- Working with Research & Development with sufficient understanding of technical risks and its commercial implications.
- Excellent project & budget management skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects & priorities to deliver business objectives.
- Intense curiosity and ambition to excel and build something from the ground up, navigating all the requisite ambiguity and complexity that comes with writing a new rulebook while executing in real time.
- Desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.