This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading Woman Owned Small Business systems integration company providing innovative solutions in areas of Information Assurance, Cyber Security, Insider Threat, Helpdesk Services and Information Technology. Tanager is currently looking for a Sr Firewall Analyst & Check Point Engineerposition is located in Baltimore, Maryland area.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Public Trust - Prefer candidate to already possess an active Public Trust; will consider candidates with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
- Provide technical analysis in network security planning, engineering, and design.
- Service as the enterprise expert in cross-functional discipline of enterprise network and cyber security infrastructure.
- Provide analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network security problem
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and cyber security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, and Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention devices.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network and cyber security equipment. Troubleshoot problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Validate enterprise-level network security design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies.
- Provide specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Provide daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and management team.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Design, test, and implement state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products, including design of high-level dashboards, using data feeds from different network tools.
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of relevant cyber security experience, or Master's Degree and 7 years of relevant cyber security experience, or PhD with 4 years of relevant cyber security experience, OR 13 years of relevant cyber security experience in lieu of degree.
- Possess an active (expert-level) firewall certification: Check Point Security Expert (CCSE).
- 7 years of experience with Check Point Security Appliance products especially with Check Point next generation firewalls such as Maestro
- 6 years of experience performing security functions on network devices, appliances, and security tools.
- 7 years of experience in demonstrates the skill and ability to translate security mandates and guidelines such as NIST 800-series into operational functions.
- 6 years of experience with whitelisting and blacklisting using network security tools and devices.
- 2 years of experience with virtual Check Point firewalls
- 2 years of experience with Skybox tool
- Possess once active (expert-level) firewall certification: Check Point Security Master (CCSM) or higher
- Prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration or similar government agencies
- Knowledge of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs
- Knowledge of technologies, networking principles, data flows, workflows, and IT reporting
- Knowledge of network security tools.
Number of Openings1
This job has expired.