Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We're a mission-driven, high-growth organization that's powered by science, technology, and world-class talent. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of our top challenges, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our Web team and help build the tools that thousands of human coaches use every day to help our users change their lives for the better. This position is either *Remote* or at our *New York City* headquarters.
*What You'll Do*
* Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
* Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
* Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
*What We Look For*
* 5+ years of experience designing and managing complex web-based applications, with a focus on picking the right tool for the job. We use Django and React, with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the backing data store, but we're always on the lookout for technologies that can make our job easier.
* An appreciation for the importance to strike a balance between getting code out quickly and following best practices. We move fast, but we like to build good software and manage risk carefully.
* Excellent communicator: you're comfortable explaining technical problems in person and in writing.
* Team player: you enjoy teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team.
* Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code.
*What Makes This Job Amazing*
* You'll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
* You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
* You'll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
* We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
* The US base salary range for this full-time position is $172,000-$224,000.
* Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom's estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
*Other Elements of the Rewards Package:*
* Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
* By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
* In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
* Remote location(s): United States.
* Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
*More About Noom*
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain's have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune's lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!