Why you'll love Softchoice:
We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what's good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
As a Sr. Hybrid Cloud Solutions Architect, you will challenge customers to build agile infrastructures in today's Hybrid-IT world through cloud adoption and data center transformation.
Most people in your circle don't really know what you do for a living. If only they could be a fly on the wall when you walk into a room of seasoned cloud and data center professionals, listen, observe and then whiteboard ideas and options that they may not have considered with their technical initiative.
Ok, let's face it, you would have lost most of them at "data center"! That's ok - we know exactly what you can do. You have been there when projects have gone wrong as you were likely the person called on by others to explain what could have been done differently and now have the opportunity to re-architect future options.
Your expertise is something to be in awe of and quite frankly, our sales team will be clamoring for your time to get you in front of their customers. Your "techy" friends consider you a strong technologist with a deep understanding of cloud and data center architectures. Together you trade stories on innovative solutions you have mapped out and some of the pitfalls you know of that can derail some of the best-planned projects.
We know you know how to make a difference! We want to provide you the canvas to display your ideas and proven successes and help make a difference for our customers.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring to the table:
- The strategic cloud roadmaps or initiatives that really move the needle with our customers.
- Bridging the gap between business outcomes and IT initiatives.
- Alignment between the customers of IT and cloud solutions.
- The architecture and design of holistic cloud solutions.
- Mutual cloud visions that our customers want to embrace and execute upon.
- Converged/Hyper Converged Data Center Solutions.
- Strategies and technologies around data center modernization, aka the Software Defined Data Center.
Some reasons why our employees love working here!
- See yourself as the complementary CTO (or the advisor to the CxO) with our customers.
- Can command the room, but also know when to hold back to observe.
- Are inquisitive, asking the right question at the right time. Your questions are to provoke thought leadership and enable you to better understand.
- Can carry a conversation, both on the technical level as well on a business level. You can easily translate technical jargon to a non-technical audience.
- Provide the right insights, boosting the customer's confidence in their roadmap and our capabilities.
- Can envision and whiteboard the journey our customer will be embarked upon.
- Can hold people (inside and outside of our organization) accountable for their responsibilities and deadlines.
- Build bridges between organizations, being the facilitator within the technology supply chain.
- Understand and can convey where the future of the data center is evolving into.
- Very strong and in-depth understanding of the major cloud providers such as Amazon, Microsoft, and/or Google.
- Very strong understanding of cloud technologies, such as automation, orchestration, cloud management, DevOps, (Big) Data (Science), Security, Portability, micro segmentation.
- Strong and in-depth understanding of data center technologies (workloads, data bases, operating systems, virtualization, and tech infrastructure).
- Strong understanding of the data center portfolio of Cisco, Dell (EMC), VMware, HPE, Tintri, Pure Storage, Nutanix, NetApp, VEEAM.
- Understanding of project management principles, such as WBS, effort estimating, approach definition, budgeting and the ability to apply these to Statements of Work.
- Understanding of (architectural) frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 15 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- Meaningful work that drives professional development.
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry.
- Being part of a winning, high performance team.
- Every employee has 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We have raised over $3 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares.
- You have the opportunity to take an ownership position here at Softchoice.
Softchoice is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
. Individuals seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.Require an accommodation? We are ready to help:
Softchoice is proud to provide interview & employment accommodation
during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.Our commitment to your experience:
Softchoice is committed to the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same! For those joining Orange Nation, we will be onboarding all new employees remotely. Rest assured, though, that offering a human and inspiring onboarding experience is our top priority.Prior to commencing employment:
Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required for employment.
#LI-JW1Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Apply now "