Sr. Java Developer (remote)
The Senior Software Engineer will be involved in high level technical designs and implementation of high quality, customer driven solutions. You will perform full-stack development across the complete development life cycle delivering highly available cloud solutions and adding new capabilities to existing applications. Works with development teams and ensures the best practices are adhered to in areas such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, documentation, security, and software design principles.
This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking industry leader that presents a multitude of opportunities. We are a diverse workforce dedicated to an inclusive environment. We are interested in technologists who want to grow their careers LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company.
- Responsible for development of web-based enterprise applications from specifications. Requires the ability to write robust code with built-in unit testing.
- Working closely with various teams to design and develop new products
- Logging and tracking of assigned defects to closure using standard tools.
- Responsible for staying current on advancements in technology, design practices, and architecture, as well as the latest software and networking processes, tools, and methods, and for making recommendations on how these advances can be applied to the current products and engineering practices
- Responsible for reporting progress against schedule for all assigned tasks on a regular basis
- Contribute to system and application architecture.
- Review the work of junior software development staff.
- 5+ years of related experience, including prior experience as a programmer in a commercial software development environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Major
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions which require front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), microservices, database and DevOps development.
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Nexus, Artifactory, Docker
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Expert-level development experience using Java, J2EE and Web applications using MVC model.
- Experience with Web Services, Spring MVC, Struts. Hibernate, JPA and jQuery frameworks.
- Experience integrating with Web Services (SOAP & REST) and parsing JSON and XML data.
- Experience designing and operating solutions with relational & NoSQL Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB)
- Front end technologies & AJAX Frameworks (Angular JS, Node.js, Java Script, HTML5, CSS)
- Strong object-oriented design skills and a track record of delivering designs to market.
- Java, J2EE, Tomcat
- AWS, Docker
- Spring, Micro Services, Spring Boot, REST API, GraphQL, Hibernate
- Elastic Search/Mongo DB, Oracle / SQL Server
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Web Services
- XML, XSL, HTML, Java Script, Angular, AWS, Docker
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.