This role presents an exciting opportunity to join the Infectious Disease Research team to drive advancement of a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs from discovery to early development. The ideal candidate will bring a blend of scientific and business experience and utilize a highly collaborative and adaptive working style to maintain visibility and control in a fast paced and high change environment. As the Portfolio Manager, you will play a critical role in shaping the strategy and success of the ID Research portfolio. You will help to maintain broad alignment and visibility of the ID mission and priorities, facilitate governance and reporting processes, optimize resourcing, and enable effective decision making at the portfolio level.
This position reports into the Director, ID Research Strategy & Operations, and is based in Cambridge, MA.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Work with Portfolio Strategy & Ops Lead and other ID Research leaders to maintain and communicate a clear mission statement and priorities for the ID Research team
- Lead initiatives to adapt and optimize the Research governance architecture to meet the needs of the ID portfolio,
- Facilitate research governance processes, including coordination of stage gate and strategic reviews and oversight of reporting outputs to measure progress against goals
- Provide insights into resource planning and oversee resource allocation across the discovery and research landscape to ensure ID Research meets its strategic goals
- Support identification of strategic dependencies, including technologies and functional capability requirements, necessary to advance ID Research priorities and unlock new target spaces
- Maintain a multi-year roadmap of key deliverables and stage gates for all programs across the ID portfolio based on collective outputs from the Program Management space
- Work collaboratively across the ID Research functions to motivate a cross-functional and cohesive culture, effectively consolidate efforts, and minimize functional silos
- Establish relationships across the broader research and early development organization, technical development, nonclinical sciences, and other departments both internal and external to ID Research to communicate and meet ID Research needs
- Organize new program and initiative efforts, ensuring these have a well-conceived scientific strategy, are appropriately resourced to address targeted questions, and positioned to expand into broader efforts upon endorsement at the leadership level
- Work closely with the ID Research Program Management team to facilitate cross-learnings, evolve operating standards, and improve archetype and resource modeling to improve delivery estimations and outcomes
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Master of Science in a scientific discipline required with prior experience in the biotech industry space. Preference given to candidates with a Ph.D. and infectious diseases experience.
- You have 5+ years of applicable experience with a demonstrated track record of successful management of a Projects Portfolio in a research setting
- Experience in implementation and evolution of business strategy, governance systems and enterprise resource management
- You are comfortable acting as an owner and enjoy a highly dynamic and collaborative approach to drive program success in a fast-moving research organization.
- Prior experience as a project leader or program manager with responsibility for multiple concurrent internal and external programs
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong focus on quick decision making and impactful outcomes and demonstrated capacity to effectively synthesize and present key learnings and communicate knowledge to organizational leaders
- Strong understanding of the research life cycle that is employed across the pharma industry
- You work independently yet engage proactively to solve problems and drive portfolio success
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative and a passion for bringing new medicines to patients.
- Knowledge of portfolio and program management tools and timeline visualization software (e.g., MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.). Smartsheet experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with external alliance and/or CRO management a plus
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.