The Sr. Program Manager (Thermal) will manage new product development programs or deployment or development of business infrastructure programs, inception to launch. Coordinate the efforts of engineering, product management, manufacturing, procurement, quality, order fulfillment, logistics, service, marketing, sales and other cross-functional groups to optimize time to market while monitoring project and product cost, schedule and resources.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects, over cross-functional groups, directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives. The Program Manager is responsible for each cross functional group's project, which rolls up to the overall program deliverables. These projects contain complex activities that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions, and cultures. The Program Manager must build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization. Program Manager must maintain continuous alignment of program scope with business objectives and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness. Program managers are responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their cross functional team projects to the overall benefit of the program.
- Provide executive-level program updates to senior management and executive sponsors
- Monitor team schedules and ensure coordination of activities on the critical path.
- Develop reporting and tracking programs to assure the project is on target for schedule and cost.
- Identify key issues and drive decisions to ensure that the project does not slip.
- Identify key risks and have a contingency plan.
- Work with management of different operating functions to identify and obtain required resources to adequately staff project.
- Assist operational team members as required.
- Communicate with other managers, upper management, or outside vendors and other plants, as required.
- Responsible that the program is following the NPDP (New Product Develop Process), and reporting the progress to the NPDP
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, or Bachelor of Science (Engineering preferred), and 7-10 years of work experience in Project or Program Management, marketing, product management, or engineering; Master's Degree in Project/Program Management, Marketing, or product management preferred
- Certified PMP, Project Management Professional, or commitment to obtain
- Experience with DX (Direct Expansion) Air Conditioning Products
- Six Sigma, LSS, or DFSS certification
- Experience working with or leading International teams
- A broad-based general management background is essential. Knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes and procedures is key. Knowledge of accounting, purchasing, and ERP/MRP is helpful.
- The Program Manager may drive the program with no direct authority. It is therefore essential that she/he have good people skills and good communication skills, including running meetings and presentations.
- Good facilitation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong process orientation
- International travel required; occasional
- Must be technically proficient with Microsoft Project application or equivalent
- English Language proficiency; verbal and written
Vertiv is a $5.0 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers' vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.