At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Responsible for ensuring suppliers meet ISI requirements for cost, quality, delivery and service. Drive suppliers to continuously improve business and manufacturing processes. Evaluate and select suppliers. Guide Engineering in choosing suppliers for new products and provide DFM input to new designs. Monitor supplier performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
- Select and evaluate suppliers by leading efforts to find new suppliers in an existing or new commodity.
- Conduct on-site supplier assessments as well as QMS audits and address the non-conformities.
Work with suppliers and ISI engineering for the new product introduction to
- Complete part production qualification process ( PPQP), which includes but not limited to delivering on the following deliverables: spFMEA, Special Process Validations, Process capability, MSA, capacity analysis ,and FAIR .
- Develop supplier ramp readiness based on forecast, supplier capacity, quality performance, and process capability.
- Perform DFM by engaging suppliers early in development cycle to feedback manufacturability improvements in the designs prior to production
- Lead and resolve the supply continuity/ quality issues at suppliers through in depth root cause and corrective actions utilizing SCARs, SCRs (Supplier Change requests) processes.
- Monitor supplier performance and initiate improvement activities.
- Drive suppliers to continually improve their business and manufacturing process performance to meet Intuitive Surgical’s requirements for supplier excellence including ship to stock programs using a collection of best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation by leading these efforts without managerial guidance at several suppliers simultaneously.
- Develop and use metrics for supplier part cost, delivery, quality, capacity and capability by creating metrics to measure real improvement and judge required intervention or change at the supplier or in a commodity.
- Driving change to ISI specifications as necessary by understanding and changing specifications and drawings including driving the ECO process to implementation.
- Prepare and deliver supplier communications as required by independently working with suppliers on scorecard creation of QBRs, Supplier Summits, etc.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for cost reduction and/or quality improvement by judging opportunities and creating strategies to seize those opportunities, completes research and provides data-driven plans to management.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 8 or more years of related experience in Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development or related field
- Excellent knowledge of 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485 (experience in auditing suppliers to these standards): Certified Lead auditor preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with Sensor Design / Mechatronics / Robotics / automated equipment is a plus
- Practical knowledge of pfmeas and process validations
- Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings and communicate technical information
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to executive level management
- A proven history of implementing Lean/6 Sigma/SPC Programs at suppliers
- Practical knowledge of part production qualification process
- Significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel, Access and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP
- CAD experience with 3D modeling tools is a plus
- Proven ability to motivate suppliers
- Experience in a high-volume medical device company is a plus
- Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis – domestic and international
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Travel Requirements:Yes, 25 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day