As a member of our underwriting support team, you will provide high level support to the underwriting function. In this role, you will assist in the preparation of new business quotes and policy issues, as well as rating both new business and renewal applications, while maintaining accuracy and targeted due dates.
- Complete portfolio process (RPA) prior to renewal date
- Complete pre-underwriting process of renewals by Underwriter due date and new business submissions
- Coordinate the pre-underwriting process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Review of application
- Request for add'l info from agent or PMA staff
- Classification of exposures
- Ordering RMA, D&B, MVR's and synopsis
- Completion of loss trend and development
- Analysis of large claims and loss trends
- Review of prior audits
- Complete new business, renewal and financial notification forms.
- Attend and fully participate in all Team and Underwriting Meetings
- Meet with assigned underwriter weekly to discuss and prioritize work processes and tasks
- Process work in a timely and accurate manner
- Rate and issue WC new business and renewal policies. Provide instruction to the Rating Center for completion of PAL lines new business and renewal policies.
- Issue WC and Auto state filings as required.
- Review correspondence including: Mid-term endorsement requests, Cancellation requests, WC Bureau letters. Respond to inquiries within UA authority.
- Maintain Corporate Underwriting Image Standards.
- Contact producers and insureds to obtain information and expedite service.
- Visits Agents with an Underwriter for the purpose of establishing contact and acquainting them with work routines.
- May assume a major role in training new hires, special projects, and learning & presenting new material to other Underwriting Assistants.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years year of experience in an underwriting function. Sufficient knowledge of at least one or more lines of business to approve and process new and renewal policies that meet all parameters established by underwriters.
- Experience working with internal/external clients
- Ability to maintain professional, proficient working relationships
- Strong team skills.