Marsh McLennan is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Urbandale office:
Staff Accountant II
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Collaborative team environment with opportunity to learn and work alongside experienced accounting professionals
- Opportunity to explore the operational side of accounting
We will count on you to:
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k
- Generous paid time off including vacation and sick leave, as well as one annual corporate volunteer day
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Opportunity to identify and deliver process improvements to improve the efficiency of the accounting function.
What you need to have:
- Perform research and resolve issues on the accounting platforms
- Research any variances between accounting systems
- Perform routine or repetitive tasks including reporting, system entries, and system processing
- Verify work of and provide guidance and training to less experienced team members
- Work with underwriters, brokers, insureds, carriers, and other parties when necessary
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal accounting policies, procedures, and process improvements for general accounting functions
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Prior accounting experience (3+ years preferred)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Research and resolution experience
- Ability to work in ill-defined situations
Marsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas ofrisk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries.With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvisesindividual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk managementsolutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clientsgrow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-drivensolutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investmentoutcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInandTwitteror subscribe toBRINK.
Victor Insurance Holdings is the world's largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It handles more than $2.5 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 25,000 active insurance agents and brokers. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage - from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas. For more information, visitwww.victorinsurance.com.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.