DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Provides technical support for automation systems throughout the company including development of it's architecture, equipment specifications, project cost estimates, schedules and scopes of work, commissioning activities, system maintenance events, and benefit estimations for optimization projects as well as helping asset personnel with maintenance and troubleshooting. Leads automation projects, evaluates and deploys new technologies, and manages the system's lifecycle.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Deploys and manages domain-based automation systems using active directory and advanced process control applications
- Designs, implements, and supports the Distributed Control Systems (DCS) for gas processing plants
- Designs, implements, and supports the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) in gas processing and transportation applications
- Designs, manages, and enhances the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) environments
- Generates and maintains automation scripts for data analysis and reporting
- Completes automation projects and coordinates contractors and technical personnel
- Performs interface of electrical and safety equipment with control systems for data gathering, equipment monitoring, and data reporting infrastructure across the company
- Implements and maintains reporting structure for alarm management and asset performance monitoring
- Implements and maintains asset historians and user interfaces
- Designs, implements, and maintains Business Planning and Control System (BPCS) graphics following situational awareness practices
- Reviews, improves, and implements control strategies as well as communication infrastructure
- Participates in process hazard analysis, cause and effect reviews, and alarm rationalization efforts as well as incident investigations
- Conducts plant and field optimization reviews and feasibility studies as well as expansion studies
- Leads safety critical automation projects and ensures adherence to company and industry practices emphasizing Burner Management Systems and ESD systems
- Develops standard drawings and specifications for control panels to support electrical design efforts and electrical construction projects
- Supports electrical design efforts and oversees electrical construction projects
- Supports integration efforts focused on data collection and system optimization
- Assists other groups with their projects as necessary and helps troubleshoot systems
- Participates in incident investigations and various kinds of meetings, trainings, and commercial support
- Leads and signs-off on Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) on automation systems to ensure compliance with the company's guidelines and requirements and on Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) for commissioning of automation systems
- Architects and supports user management, intrusion prevention, and recovery processes for automation cyber assets
- Provides mentorship and coaching to junior Automation Engineers and Analysts
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a similar degree field and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years related experience is required although employees typically have 7-12 years; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- A minimum of 3 years direct experience in Electrical, Automation, and Process Control for Natural Gas & NGL processing facilities
- Knowledge of gas gathering, field compression, and gas plant operations is a plus
- Strong Windows OS administration skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of NFPA and ISA standards on Burner Management and Functional Safety
- Proficient in DCS and PLC configuration languages
- Proficient in Wonderware System Platform or equivalent supervisory applications
- Proficient in basic programming and scripting
- Proficient in inter device communication software and industrial communication protocols
- Proficient in MS SQL database management
- Proficient in diagnosing communication issues
- Proficient in common automation data exchange protocols
- Experienced in working and collaborating with external contractors
- Experienced in networking practices
- Proficient in developing control configuration using function blocks, ladder logic, and structured text languages
- Proficient in process control optimization, tuning, and sequential functions
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Occasional traveling to gas processing and transportation facilities may be required, in such cases, individuals are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work is performed partially outdoors.
- Valid driver's license and be willing to drive company vehicles.
- Willing to travel 20%-40% of the time.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Information Technology / Full-timeJob Posting:
Feb 18, 2022, 2:00:00 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.