Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
At Nordson Electronics Solutions we have big goals, an innovative spirit, and a vision to become the preferred partner to electronics manufacturers worldwide. If you believe in big goals, consider joining our team to help solve reliability challenges for the world's largest semiconductor, printed circuit board, and precision assembly manufacturers. Our fluid dispensing and surface treatment solutions help make reliable electronics an everyday reality - from mobile devices to the Internet of Things to self-driving vehicles, life-saving medical equipment, and beyond.
The Staff Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and modifying components for electronic equipment and other electronic hardware. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Perform detailed analysis and propose design solutions to meet project specs and objectives.
- Work in a cross-functional environment (electrical, firmware, mechanical, software, and manufacturing) to coordinate design interfaces and requirements.
- Create and document design using the company's tools and processes.
- Analyze and verify that the design meets requirements.
- Participate in the creation and presentation of design reviews.
- May also review vendor capability to support development. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Experience with PCA's, test fixtures and cable design for Industrial Machinery preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Requires BS EE degree and 5 - 10 years of experience or equivalent relative experience.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- 5+ Years of experience in hardware design and automated test fixtures.
- 3+ Years of design experience with LabView tools
- Proficient in Design/Drafting with Altium Designer
- Design experience in analog/digital circuitry for motor/motion control is a plus
- Familiar with various DC/AC, DC/DC, Step, and servo motors fundamentals.
- Familiar with sensors, cable/ harness design, and Industry Standards such as CE and SEMI.
- Understanding of serial protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting electronics and use of lab equipment such as O'scopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Must be a self-starter team player, work well with others, and have a positive attitude
- Must be a creative thinker, results-oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
Salary range for this position is: $121,000 to $142,000. Compensation
Salary range for this position is: $121,000 to $142,000.
The base salary pay range for this job level is a general guideline and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to internal equity, business considerations, and local market conditions, as well as candidate qualifications, such as education, experience, and skills. Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
This job has expired.