Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Software Test Engineering Staff Engineer is responsible for day-to-day test development and leading of team of Software Test Development engineers by providing technical leadership in best practices, resource management and taking our existing automation and process to the next level. In parallel to this leadership responsibility, the Software Test Engineering Functional Group Lead is also responsible in having a hands-on approach in advancing the test interface, and test tools on the embedded APIs. The candidate will develop and extend test interfaces on the embedded Bluetooth Low energy connected device, to define, implement and modify APIs enabling test team to verify full coverage of product requirements. The candidate will also be required to generate and record documentation during the process and provide updates to the team as needed. Skills in embedded programming, object-oriented programming, test, integration, and verification activities and an understanding of the full software development lifecycle are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of test interfaces for new/modified firmware features to validate our next generation CGM transmitters
- Work under FDA regulated quality environment to create test plan, test report and traceability matrix and other required documentations for test project.
- Pro-actively identify and mitigate risks and resolve road blockers
- Understand low power systems design and implementation principles.
- Design implement and test new products and be able to improve existing products.
- Identify and implement engineering and quality process improvements.
- Contribute to driving Dexcom's improved gross margin with design improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software and software test interfaces.
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills, especially in Java, Python, and scripting.
- Sound knowledge on embedded firmware test programming and BLE specifications (Core Spec 5.0 /4.2). Understand serial communication programming and can utilize and maintain object libraries.
- Knowledge on mobile application debugging and programming in IOS and Android, e.g. Appium, SWIFT, snoop-log, packetLogger, LogCat.
- Troubleshoots code for software/firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
Experience and Education
- Prior experience in managing small group of engineers.
- Prior experience with product development process for medical devices, particularly design control and GMP requirements.
- Prior embedded programming experience with low power microcontrollers in a battery powered system. Understanding multithreading async communication inter-process programming is a plus.
- Embedded software, and mobile application testing experience.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Masters degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.
Analyzes, designs, develops, programs, debugs, and modifies software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related tools. Uses current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automates scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses advanced knowledge of technical principles and theories. Recommends solutions in support of functional objectives tied to overall company objectives and strategies.
- Demonstrates significant technical expertise, collaboration with others and independent thought. Anticipates potential complex problems requiring an in-depth evaluation. Demonstrates strategic thinking and commercial/industry understanding in functional projects.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other colleagues.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.