Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is currently seeking a Staff Transportation Engineer with 2 to 5 years' of applicable experience to join our Transportation Team. We have exciting transportation and related infrastructure projects underway across California and the West and are looking for EIT-level or entry-level Civil Engineers to join our dynamic team. This position can be located in any of our Northern California offices.
We have a supportive office culture that encourages camaraderie and community involvement. As one of California's largest Engineering and Environmental firms, we collaborate across engineering and environmental disciplines on diverse projects. We also have excellent in-house resources such as marketing, graphics, finance, safety, and more. Ideally, we are seeking an EIT or Civil Engineer, that is a graduate from an ABET Accredited University with a Bachelor's Degree, or Master's Degree. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills; enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and have the ability to apply your newly acquired skills while working with a diverse range of clients and projects.
The position offers a wide variety of tasks across various projects:
- Assistance in the preparation of CAD drawings / construction documents
- Preparing design concept drawings and ideas for discussion and conceptual development
- Preparing detail drawings that require a degree of technical design utilizing knowledge of relevant design principles
- Preparing calculations for quantities and costing of projects
- Receiving training in various phases of office and field work including design, drawings, construction review, site surveys, studies, and assist in the preparation of fee proposals, memoranda, letters and reports.
- Coordinating with other disciplines including architectural, survey, traffic, and structural
- Communicating with partner firms and clients on details (mostly internal)
- Recommending improvements and innovations
- Ensuring timely production of deliverables
- Carrying out quality checks and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar qualifications
- 0-5 years of applicable experience
- EIT preferable, Civil Engineering License desired
- Proven experience using AutoCAD & Civil 3D or MicroStation & InRoads preferred. Previous experience utilizing these skills in an internship or similar role will be highly regarded.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work independently when required, cooperative in open sharing of information and knowledge with team
- Good time management ability, ability to handle conflicting priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to complete diverse assignments - Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This job has expired.