Strategic Account Manager
Our Strategic Account Mangers (SAM) lead the sales process for prospective accounts and regional influencers while maintaining a positive relationship with existing customers. He/she will work closely with sales management, inside sales, and marketing to identify and close additional sales opportunities with existing customers as well as prospects.
A successful SAM will continually ensure growth and profitability by developing solid business relationships with new and existing customers for Proagrica. He/she will plan and execute strategies and sales tactics in the following areas, (including but not limited to): account planning, lead generation, lead evaluation and conversion, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery, negotiations, closing and executing contracts.
Additionally, he/she will organize and conduct presentations, site visits and product demonstrations to prospects and will represent Proagrica in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop and win new business. He/she will need to cultivate ongoing mutually beneficial relationships with consultants and influencers in the Ag Retail market. It is important that he/she exercises leadership, demonstrates excellent communication skills, and works in a positive and motivating way with internal counterparts and external customers.
This individual will report directly to the Director of Business Development for North America.
- Actively grow Proagrica's presence through prospective and existing customers.
- Deliver consultative and value-based selling focused on positioning Proagrica's products as an integral part of customer's strategy.
- Identify key prospects and contacts. Develop and manage key relationships with prospective and existing customers.
- Educate existing and prospective customers on current and upcoming products/services.
- As an integral member of the national sales team, participate in the development of sales plans, strategies, and tactics.
- Provide feedback about our products, competitor'sproducts, and competitive landscape to appropriate internal personnel for strategic planning purposes] Attend Trade Shows, Conferences and scheduled meetings as required
- Carry out routine tasks accurately to meet sales goals
- Special Projects as they arise.
- Comfort with consultative and value based selling. Exceptional communicator, written, verbal, interpersonal and group:
- Excellent presentation/public speaking ability
- Service minded
- Solid technical background
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of common agriculture processes in the territory
- Proficiency in SalesForce and Office 365 suite (preferred)
- Strong understanding of agronomic practices
- Strong understanding of the agronomy sales process within the supply chain
- Strong understand:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years agronomic sales and operations experience preferred
- 5+ years experience within ag retail or ag manufacturing industry in a customer facing role preferred
- Experience with agronomic data management
- Experience managing an account base
- Domestic travel is required.
- Seasonably extended hours are necessary.
- Candidate must have a clean driving record and ability to perform extensive driving.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.