The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 33 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
This position will be responsible for the daily management, promotion and operation of Ritchie Center Student Programs for the University community; including oversight of the following responsibilities including, without limitation; fundraising ($250,000+), program scheduling, marketing and program promotion, human resources, club sports program, alpine club, pioneer outdoor sports and adventure, intramurals/special events program, positive alliance coaching program, coach and staff education, certifications, assistance with summer camps, and related programs and operations.
This position delivers an exceptional customer experience to all visitors of the Ritchie Center through managing the front line interactions that customers will have. These include parking, facility entry and access, transaction experience, facility quality, communication, safety, and servicing each customers needs.
This position delivers programming that engages the University of Denver student population to assist with the recruitment and retention of students. Programming should focus on both traditional and non-traditional avenues and should focus on the health and education of students.
Position will be required to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Create a Culture of Service Above Self & Student Development.
- Advance Club Sports through programs and services that promote an engaging, safe, competitive and student development experience.
- Advance outdoor program opportunities through programs and services that promote an engaging, safe, relationship building, and student development experience.
- Advance Intramural Sports/Special Events through programs and services that promote and engaging, safe, and fun experience.
- People management.
1. Communication Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
2. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and participation statistics. Also, familiarity with financial concepts such as depreciation, contribution margin, etc.
3. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
4. Public Relations: Ability to work with the public with tact and judgment. Excellent organizational skills required.
5. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to operate work-related equipment; and effectively communicate verbally with customers and employees of the university. The employee must be able to frequently move about the office with capability of transporting files or objects up to 50 pounds.
6. Work Environment: The employee works in a variety of settings both indoors and outdoors. Evening and Weekend hours are expected.
7. Time Management: The employee must have exceptional time management and be able to prioritize and accomplish the most important tasks on a daily basis.
8. Flexibility: The employee must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to new trends and in turn provide new opportunities for student engagement.
9. Teamwork: The employee must be able to work within a team environment and also develop a team with the personnel that they directly supervise. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree.
- 1 year of related experience.
- WFA/CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood Borne Pathogen; WFA/CPR, First Aid & AED Instructor.
- Leadership/Facilitation Experience, Event Planning Experience, Climbing Wall Background, Club Sports Background.
- Masters Degree.
- 2-5 years of related experience.
- Systems Knowledge in RecTrac, EBMS, WebTrac.
This position will be required to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, nights, and weekends.Application Deadline
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, August 2nd, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu
to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 8.Salary Range:
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status. Benefits:
The University of Denver
offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver
.Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
July 19, 2021 Applications close:
This job has expired.