Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Specialist, to work onsite at our project located in Geismar, Louisiana. Candidates will be expected to work at the jobsite without relocation assistance or per diem.
This a project based position, with an anticipated duration of 18 months.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Under direction, undertakes the execution of specific aspects of subcontracts execution and / or quantity surveying.
Basic understanding of the client's head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and knowledge of how this may impact on project subcontract activities. Has working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions, interfaces with Wood legal/commercial experts and can under guidance initiate/discuss exceptions in order to reach a robust commercial agreement.
Under direction, execution of project subcontract operations and co-ordination of interface activities with other project team members in accordance with applicable company and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules. Where applicable, and suitably trained and qualified, execute quantity surveying duties in accordance with applicable practices and procedures.
Under direction, execution of post award subcontract activities during construction phase in the field including home office liaison and interface with the client's organisation, where applicable. Field administration of allocated construction and services contracts in accordance with applicable corporate and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules.
Reports progress of all activities for which they are personally responsible. Update reports/systems with required information to allow accurate reporting and highlights any critical issues and risks to direct supervision.
- Operate in accordance with appropriate and current corporate execution procedures and Project Specific Procedures
- Undertake subcontracts activities under direction in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Support prequalification activities co-ordinating the input from other disciplines as appropriate and prepare qualification report and list of tenderers form for approval
- Support the preparation of contract enquiry documentation, including where applicable the expediting of scopes of work, terms and conditions of contract, enquiry documentation and the like
- Process tender information received in response to enquiries. Participate in and/or direct pre-tender and/or tender evaluation meetings and prepare notes of meeting when required
- Prepare contract documents for review
- Undertake / monitor the administration of contracts (i.e. processing of payment certificates, price variation summaries etc.) and ensure the satisfactory operation of procedures
- Assigned to the field, become familiar with the project organisation, project schedule, work scope and the allocated subcontracts; including their conditions, forms of tender, bills of quantities, pricing schedules and associated general requirements and ensure their effective liaison with all other site disciplines
- Monitor any changes to the value of the work in each allocated construction contract arising from drawing revisions, Field Instruction's, Field Variation Order's or other causes
- Ensure that subcontractors receive all necessary access, materials, documents and information including site safety, labour and discipline regulations to enable them to meet their contractual obligations and maintain comprehensive records of shortfalls of supply of any such deliverables
- Seek advice on the use of remedies under the subcontract in order to ensure that subcontractors meet their contractual obligations
- Under direction, monitor and, in collaboration with other appropriate site disciplines, ensure that the performance of each assigned subcontractor is recorded together with explanations for any deviations from the performance anticipated from the contractor's tender
- Under direction, coordinate all commercial and contractual activities on allocated construction and services contracts, including issue of variations, maintaining register of claims, ensuring interim and final acceptance certificates are issued, performance record keeping, close-out activities and the return of all relevant records to home office for archiving
- Carrying out quantity surveying duties when required and qualified to do so
- Promotes safe working practices and demonstrate safe behaviors
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree or Equivalent, or Vocational equivalent qualification; RICS qualified or industry equivalent
- Record of skills training appropriate for job specific role
- Ability to work on jobsite without relocation assistance or per diem
- Minimum of 4/5 years applicable Oil and Gas or Heavy Industrial sectors of Construction Industry, or similar
- Basic knowledge of Subcontractors, commercial evaluations, negotiations and terms and conditions of contract
- Basic knowledge of commercial position imposed by Head Contracts.
- Basic knowledge of Industry forms of Subcontract
- Computer systems
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- High degree of initiative
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
- Positively maintains relationships with subcontractors, clients and other disciplines
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving skills
- Work as part of project execution team
- Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successful drive through change
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.