Moderna is seeking an MBA student to join the team for the summer.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Enrolled in a full-time MBA program with at least 5 years of prior experience working for pharmaceutical/biotech company, or similar experience in a professional services or investment capacity (e.g., management or strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital)
- Academic or professional background in a discipline related to drug discovery and development (e.g., biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology) and commitment to learn about the science behind our platform technology
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and project stakeholders
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to skills to deliver a compelling narrative/message to senior stakeholders in the organization
- Ability to perform and synthesize in-depth analyses of indications, products, and therapeutic areas, to integrate analysis and broader context into a recommendation, and to defend recommendation in a respectful, objective manner
- Experience driving business process transformation and change
- Proven experience delivering on initiatives and process improvements with complex business deliverables driving to success
- Ability to multitask, pivot fearlessly and react to and make decisions based on real-time data
- Comfortable with ambiguity and designing and executing simultaneously.
- Have strong business acumen, analytical skills, demonstrated success with cross-functional collaboration, and a high EQ
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Successful candidates will be placed into one of the following key functions including Commercial, Digital, Chemical Manufacturing Controls (CMC), and Strategy based on a combination of interest, skills and experience, and growth potential. More on each business unit can be found below:
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
Commercial: The vision for our Commercial team is to put our consumers at the heart of everything we do and bring their voice to all functions of the organization so we can leverage our innovation to provide highly differentiated vaccines, therapeutics, and services to maximize value for all consumers. Building upon the three key characteristics of our platform: Speed, Proven, and Agile, we thrive to develop a seamless and unparalleled consumer experience to deliver on our promise of a new generation of transformative medicines.
Digital: Digital at Moderna provides comprehensive technology partnership to all facets of the organization - R&D, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial, and Corporate functions. Our digital organization sets itself apart in the industry by leading with data science/artificial intelligence, innovation, and automation, building where we can do better than what is available in the market, and integrating heavily with business groups to best understand stakeholder needs. The MBA Intern will be exposed to a multitude of digital workstreams and projects that play key roles in Moderna's ability to create transformative medicine for patients.
CMC: Our Chemistry Manufacturing Controls or CMC is a combination of several functional disciplines that takes the "handoff" from R&D and is a critical component in drug product development. CMC occurs during all stages of the drug development cycle and ensures quality and consistency during the manufacturing of the pharmaceutical product. CMC ensures that the drug product has a consistent formula so that the drug used in clinical trials is the same as what is made commercially available. Because CMC applies to all stages of pharmaceutical development and focuses on creating consistency in drug product stability, release, and manufacturing, it must comply with FDA guidance.
R&D Strategy: The R&D strategy team covers a broad range of R&D topics that are critical to the current and future pipeline of Moderna. The team integrates and crystalizes scientific, strategic, and financial perspectives to drive key program and portfolio decisions. Over the summer, the MBA intern will engage in both program and portfolio strategy to support Moderna's expanding pipeline.
Business Development: Our Business Development team leads the deal-making, development and execution of integrated growth plans and investment cases for corporate development. The team plays a key role in a business-critical functions that directly impact Moderna's mission of delivering a new generation of transformative medicines for patients. In this role, the MBA intern will contribute to spearheading competitive landscape efforts for investment theses to inform partnerships, sourcing new deals & building potential deal structures, and participate in active deal negotiations and strategic alliances in which Moderna is engaged.
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.