This job has expired.
Develops, implements and supervises all procedures, activities, and personnel for the safe handling, storage, and preparation of compounded products, including regulatory compliance and quality assurance.
This is to move the Supervisor over to the Ops Manager-budget neutral
• Manages the daily compounding operations (sterile and non-sterile, hazardous and non hazardous) and assists in meeting pharmacy compliance with compounding requirements as regulated by the board of pharmacy, USP and Federal regulations, including all regulatory, accreditation, and certification requirements.
• Maintains up to date knowledge on regulatory requirements and practical applications to address gaps in the compounding operations.
• Manages, maintains, and troubleshoots technology and automation resources to assure appropriateness of preparation, distribution, administration, and monitoring outcomes for drugs as related to pharmaceutical compounding.
• Provides oversight of compounding policies and procedures development, implementation, maintenance and adherence.
• Responsible for the training, education, and competencies of pharmacy and supportive personnel including performance monitoring and corrective actions related to compounding and its related activities.
• Assures environmental controls (primary and secondary) of all compounding areas and continuous quality assurance testing and monitoring of all compounded products. Has quality oversight of outsourced compounded facilities and preparations.
• Identifies and implements recommendations for process improvement including cost effectiveness, operational efficiency, and inventory management as related to compounding areas.
• Performs and cross-functions in all clinical pharmacist roles and functions as needed.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• MEDICATION SAFETY - COMPOUNDING SUPV: Utilizes processes and techniques to promote medication safety.
• SPECIALTY SOLUTION PREPARATION: Prepares specialty solutions.
• STERILE COMPOUNDING (NON-CHEMO) SUPERVISOR: Prepares sterile admixtures.
• ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING - PHASC: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
• Accredited Program
• Advanced Degree in Pharmacy - Doctor of Pharmacy
• Pharmacist License - FL
Education equivalent experience:
• Or Bachelors degree in a related field.
Complexity of Work: Role requires advanced technological, analytical, and critical thinking skills including effective verbal and written communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to supervise a diverse team in a stressful environment effectively. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple projects and delegate tasks to ensure timely completion.
Required Work Experience: Two (2) years of relevant experience or equivalent post graduate residency training. Board Certified Sterile Compounding Pharmacist certification (BCSCP) preferred.
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician Associate (PA) - Augusta, GA (40 Hours Weekly With Benefits and PTO)Healthstat, Inc
Posted about 1 hour ago
Float Medical Assistant or LPN - New Berlin, Sussex, Oconomowoc, WI (40 hours/week with Benefits and PTO)Healthstat, Inc
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posted about 1 hour ago