Under limited supervision and/or according to policies and procedures, performs a combination of routine and complex tasks associated with inventory control. Responsible for accurate processing and safe movement of all products. Maintains supply inventories in departments at levels consistent with patient care requirements and good financial management principles. Serves as liaison between supply chain and assigned departments. Receives product, places replenishment orders, picks supplies / equipment / linen, and puts away accordingly. Assists in the maintenance of inventory accuracy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as customer service liaison to departments by working with department personnel in recommending inventory supply levels and adjustments. Acts proactively to avoid inventory shortages and works directly with departments to resolve issues.
- Checks and receives deliveries from vendors by comparing invoices against purchase orders and counting/inspecting received goods. Reports any discrepancy or damaged goods to supervisor.
- Analyzes trends in supply usage to optimize supply levels and mix.
- Closes out requisitions/orders, transferring them from the active to completed files.
- Assists Health Center user departments and/or vendors in resolving discrepancies including availability issues (backorders), credit issues, lost shipments, returned goods, while ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Performs various related clerical duties including processing stores requisitions, typing, sorting and distribution of mail, photocopying and filing, and answering telephone calls. Inventories medical and other supplies, generates replenishment requisition, restocks departments according to established inventory levels and schedules while, maintaining supply location in an orderly fashion. Checks expiration dates on all dated materials to avoid use of outdated supplies. Returns and replaces outdated materials. Learns other job functions within supply chain team and backfills as required.
- Maintains a work environment that is clean and free of clutter.
Utilizing the department's management information system, produces purchase orders, performs status checks on existing orders, performs inventory stock status inquiries, and records material receipts pursuant to purchase orders. Answers the telephone and responds to routine inquiries, relays messages as necessary, and maintains good customer relations. Assumes responsibility for processing orders in the absence of the supervisor. Performs other duties as assigned.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
Education:Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Certification: Able to obtain and maintain counterbalance reach truck and powered pallet jack certification.
Experience:More than six months on the job training or previous experience.REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent customer service skills. Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to organize daily tasks. Capable of comprehending and operating the materials Management Information System. Demonstrated mathematical and analytical skills necessary to collect and process data required for routing and/or special statistical reports. Able to work independently and organize own work. Must be able to bend, lift (50 lbs), push/pull carts (200 lbOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.