Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2020) are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 50Âcountries and about 50,000 staff.
Operating within general corporate policy guidelines, establishes operating policies and procedures and manages all aspects of company-wide supply chain and operations activity. Functional oversight includes materials management, production scheduling, distribution network optimization, inventory planning, operational fulfillment, and inventory control. Subject matter expert and evangelist for optimal use of ERP and MRP systems. Manages production and warehouse functions including shipping and receiving. Manages transportation function with outside carriers. Key interface with customer service and sales organizations for Sales & Operations Planning and to ensure optimal customer service and value creation at lowest total cost.
Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Supply & Demand Chain Management
- Identify and introduce best practices and process for supply chain and logistics management within the organization, including oversight of materials management, production and capacity planning, local and regional inventory planning, distribution and logistics strategy.
- Oversee effective utilization and maintenance of ERP/ MRP system in multi-site operating environment
- Champion MRP 're-implementation' process to enable build-to-stock capabilities for high SKU, multi-site environment and to establish a scalable platform for national growth
- Review and work with large data sets to provide analytical analysis for planning, reporting, and metric-based plant operations management
- Establish master production schedule, regional distribution plan, and associated production and inventory policy to ensure optimal customer service at lowest total cost
- Ensure coordinated communication and execution of plan across multiple sites (California headquarters, Texas and Virginia regional distribution facilities)
- Direct regional Distribution facility managers, providing oversight and guidance on essential supply chain and operations practices and metrics.
- Develop and implement optimized inbound, outbound and reverse logistics network.
- Establish customer-centric Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and actively engage to ensure achievement of goals.
- Serve as key interface for internal and external collaboration between customers/sales and production/fulfillment to minimize total costs to serve while maximizing customer satisfaction on key service metrics.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Oversee, direct, coordinate and prioritize the daily activities of plant operations across people, process, and technical areas
- Prioritize, manage and monitor an efficient workflow
- Coordinate staffing, time and attendance, and performance management with department managers and supervisors per company policy and guidelines.
- Implement process controls, validations and metrics to ensure stable production output that meet safety, quality, and productivity targets
- Actively control and optimize labor levels and unit costs
- Analyze current processes and equipment, provide recommendations, implement improvements, and manage corrective actions
- Establish critical operational KPI's for safety, quality, and productivity, and utilize data and visual management to communicate and drive operational improvement.
- Design and lead automation projects to streamline and improve the manufacturing process and make good use of IT to achieve high efficiency.
- Identify and quantify improvement opportunities for solutions resulting in higher productivity and quality, lower turnaround time and/or lower cost
- Collaborate with other departments to drive corrective actions related to production, quality, or customer service issues.
- Serve as the Project Manager for multiple new process implementations. Actively manage completion of activities to ensure timeline, financial and quality objectives are met.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent staff and manager under duty and ensure essential training schedule is followed
- Define and agree key goals, initiatives and milestones with managers and staff and ensure information is cascaded to their respective teams.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Supply Chain certifications highly desirable, especially for CPIM (Certified Production Inventory Management)
- 5+ years' experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field.
- Experience leading or participating in MRP implantation in high SKU, make-to-stock environment; familiarity with JDEdwards a plus.
- Experience with lean/operational excellence concepts and at least 3+ years' implementation experience
- Experience in coaching and training front line workers and management in Lean tools and methods
- Strong change management skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Well-developed communication skills (verbal and written), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Passion for excellence - Thrives in adverse environments - Exceptionally poised under pressure. Advance level of proficiency in all Microsoft programs, especially Excel.
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Science Related Field
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional Information
The position is Monday - Friday, full time.What we offer:
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays