Supply Chain Manager - Logistics
Domtar in Hawesville Kentucky is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager (Logistics). This position will report directly to the general mill manager and be responsible for managing the materials department, shipping department and supply chain of the Hawesville Mill.
Responsibilities will include
Critical Competencies for Success
- Manage departmental functions and employees.
- Materials Department: Purchasing, Stores, Receiving, Service Crew / Material Handling, Inbound Logistics, Inventory.
- Shipping Department: Shipping, Warehousing & Finished Goods Inventory, Production Planning, Roll Wrap Line, Pulp Line.
- Personal responsibility for purchasing high dollar value commodities for Hawesville Mill
- Personal responsibility for selling mill by-products and co-products.
- Incumbent is also personally responsible for purchasing major high dollar commodities such as Raw Materials / Chemicals, Pulp, Energy.
- Incumbent is also personally responsible for selling all mill by-products and co-products such as Tall Oil, Turpentine, Electricity and Broke.
- Senior Leadership / Management functions for the mill and for Domtar in the State of Kentucky.
- Ability to interact with a range of people from the Corporate level to the shop floor.
- Lead and coach salaried department members to minimize value for the mill.
- Interact with outside people from Customers to Vendors.
- Teamwork with Senior mill Leadership Team.
- Strong Business Skills.
- Technically understand materials - from raw materials to finished pulp and paper.
- Understand purchased commodities from Maintenance parts to capital equipment to chemicals.
- Bachelor's Degree - Supply Chain Management, Business, or Technical with Business experience.
- 10 Years related experience in a Supply Chain position, Purchasing, or Materials Management within a Manufacturing Environment.
- Advanced level of knowledge on the administration, negotiation, and language of contracts / purchasing agreements.
- Strong negotiation skills. Knowledge or experience with shipping, warehousing, inventory control. Ability to manage both Salaried and Hourly workforce in a unionized production environment.
- CPM, CPIM, CPSM Certification.
- MBA if the Bachelor's is a non-business degree.
- Solid working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Proficiency with Office suite, especially Excel.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This job has expired.