Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021353 Supply Chain Planner (Open)
Education and Experience
- Lead supply chain inventory processes, system settings, and achieving inventory targets for designated plants.
- Influence plant leadership on best practices for inventory management
- Manage daily and weekly activities with suppliers and plants to optimize overall performance while providing excellent service to Greif's customers.
- Analyze inventory parameters and facilitate discussions of inventory practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate plant S&OP meetings, including review of plant metrics such as inventory adjustments and DIO to achieve defined targets
- Monitor supplier performance and proactively escalate any concerns to Sourcing managers
- If supply shortage occurs, manage allocation of inventory across network of plants. Initiate meetings to make recommendations and evaluate options for continued supply.
- Under guidance of Sr Buyer/Planner pLead cross-functional teams for supply chain related projects.
- As Subject Matter Expert, mature the processes and technology for Integrated Business Planning (IBP), specifically Demand Driven MRP.
- In times of supplier or part change, define buffers and lead transition of components
- Coordinate timing of incoming components, and communicates any expected shortfalls to plants for potential need for expediteing.
- Collaborate with suppliers for expected demand
- Spearhead discussions with logistics team members to determine balance of inventory investment vs. optimal replenishment frequency.
- Escalate any supply chain related issue for awareness and action to leadership and S&OP
- Partner with colleagues across site to improve inventory control and standard practices
Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years of Supply Chain and Inventory Management experience required
- Skilled in use of planning logic (e.g. MRP, advanced planning systems), MS Office required
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Supply Chain, Sourcing, or Operations
- APICS CPIM (or equivalent) preferred
- Experience leading projects
- Possesses a solid understanding of plant manufacturing operations
- Experience with demand-driven planning
- Strong understanding of supply chain and inventory management concepts., and ability to apply into practice
- Solid systems background and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team and to work effectively independently
- Possesses strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and problem solving skills
- Takes initiative and demonstrates the ability to lead
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and strong negotiation skills
- Possesses excellent time management, planning, and prioritization skills
- Cross-cultural experience a plus
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.