Moderna is seeking a Systems Engineer who will serve a key role supporting the delivery and administration of laboratory systems. The individual will assist in configuration and deployment of systems, participate in generating and maintaining necessary procedure. Activities will also include authoring and executing test protocols.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Represent Digital GxP Lab System team in system validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation of new lab systems and on-going support thereafter.
- Work independently to author System Configuration Specification, System Administration SOP, execute test scripts following cGxP.
- Author, review and approve lifecycle documents like Impact assessment, Regulatory applicability and criticality assessments, ERES assessments etc.
- Work with the Lab Automation team to interface the standalone systems with our SDMS and LIMS
- Provide support to the QC labs for the laboratory computer systems as system administrator.
- Participate in the periodic reviews of the systems used in the QC Laboratories and assist as digital administrator for the systems.
- Assists in evaluation or product enhancements and capabilities, implementing upgrades as required.
- Support initial and routine upgrade system risk assessment and testing activities
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- A bachelor's degree in STEM or another relevant academic discipline
- A minimum 3 years of industry experience implementing and maintaining laboratory systems
- Experience authoring and reviewing computer system validation lifecycle documents
- Experience working in an environment with cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices
- Experience with Veeva, ServiceNow and System Administration activities
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of scrum agile project management framework
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.