Job ID: 411505
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, provisioning, and maintaining highly available and scalable infrastructure, leveraging virtualized private, and based on company direction, public cloud solutions. This individual participates in technical research to assist with the delivery and ongoing support of innovative infrastructure environments. This individual will ensure that all solutions with related procedures adhere to organizational standards, controls, and best practices according to industry standards. This is a global role working across regions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Accountable for the engineering of VMware virtualization, server, and storage hardware, both internal and customer-facing
• Evaluates, assists in designing and implements products/solutions covering Microsoft Azure and Office 365 environments and service offerings
• Evaluates, and implements products/solutions covering the data centers, cloud initiatives, and endpoints
• Mentors and provides knowledge transfer of implementations to operations/support team members
• Contributes to the overall architecture and system design decisions with Service Delivery leaders
• Engage with peers community at conferences, workshops, user groups, and other partner/vendor meetings
• Provide overall Information Technology Systems Engineering competencies across all areas of Information Technology (i.e., cloud, compute, storage, security)
• Perform ongoing evaluations of private vs. public hosting/cloud placement
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of operational service for all systems and Infrastructure
• Extend Business Continuity into cloud and premise-based solutions
• Drives Continuous Improvement
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Provide 2nd level support
• Liaise with vendors and other IT team members on problem resolution
Sufficient education, training, and/or work experience is required to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge and skills
• Academic Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or similar
• A Microsoft or Amazon based expert-level certification is desired
• Microsoft Windows Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE certification preferred
• 5+ years Microsoft Systems Administration and or Network Administration
• 4+ years Supporting multiple locations enterprise environment
• 4+ years Microsoft Office365 and Azure hand-on experience
• 3+ years designing, implementing, and managing Azure/O365 complimentary solutions (e.g., OKTA)
• 5+ years designing, implementing, and managing infrastructure monitoring solutions
• VMware ESXi / vSphere experience a plus, including certification
• 5+ years experience in VMware technologies: vSphere platform, vRealize Ops Manager, and SRM (ideally experienced in all three but a minimum of strong experience with 2)
• 5+ years experience with server hardware including HCI (Nutanix or HPE SimpliVity)
• 5+ years experience with Windows server operating systems
• 4+ years proficiency in Cisco, HP, and Palo Alto networking equipment, DNS, Load Balancing, IPv4, TCP/UDP Protocols and Geographically Distributed Services
• 4+ years experience with Office365 and Active Directory administration
• 4+ years experience with SSO and MFA products
• 2+ years experience mentoring technical resources with core competencies
• Fluent in PowerShell Scripting
• Strong Oral and Written Communication
• Ability to Manage Vendors / Partners
• Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• Excellent understanding of ITIL Best Practices, Including Change and Incident Management
Work and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 15%.
• Ability to drive up to 4 hours for onsite services and meetings.
• The position may require work outside of regular business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
• The position may also require weekend and holiday coverage.
• Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g., hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
What CRH Offers You